• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

System requirements for large format Photoshop graphics

M

MonaSparrows

Hello,

I'm about to get hired on a project involving big scale (5m x 3m [ca. 119in x 197in] 300dpi) wallpaper graphics and I've already picked a laptop (cannot go with desktop), but just wanted to get reassured, I guess, that these specs will be able to handle complex paintings at that resolution/format as I'm moving from a i7 6700hq / 960m / 16GB RAM (which at this point is struggling with that format rather significantly) I've been using for 5 years and I'm rather out of the loop:

i7 10750H
RTX 2070 Super
32GB RAM

(It's a MSI GL65)

Reactions: Alex Glawion
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm about to get hired on a project involving big scale (5m x 3m [ca. 119in x 197in] 300dpi) wallpaper graphics and I've already picked a laptop (cannot go with desktop), but just wanted to get reassured, I guess, that these specs will be able to handle complex paintings at that resolution/format as I'm moving from a i7 6700hq / 960m / 16GB RAM (which at this point is struggling with that format rather significantly) I've been using for 5 years and I'm rather out of the loop:

i7 10750H
RTX 2070 Super
32GB RAM

(It's a MSI GL65)

The specs look fine to me :) No major red flags as such

M

MonaSparrows

Okay, thank you that's good to hear. My current laptop has an extreme lag when trying to use a large brush on a file with those dimensions.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, thank you that's good to hear. My current laptop has an extreme lag when trying to use a large brush on a file with those dimensions.

Ah I see. You might want to wait a month or so if you can because laptops with 11th gen processors are launching soon (October I think)