• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

windowss SSD change + GPU upgrade

P

Polo5959

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hello,

I ordered a custom pc a few years ago (3years I think) following advice from this forum and I'm really happy with the result, it work perfectly for what I am doing. thanks again for all your advice.

-I have since installed another ssd, and now I would like to put a 3rd one. problem I realise after ordering it that there are only 2slots... so this new ssd is 2TO and much faster than than the one I have windows one so I wad thinking to just swap it. Is there a way to copy a the entire SSD to another SSD so that I can then physically swap the the two SSD?

-Second thing is I would like to upgrade my GPU. At the moment I have a rtx3070ti, And I'm thinking to either go for 3090 or 4080. I'm not sure if I should switch power supply or not. How can I figure out the amount of watt I need?

The actual config:
> Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Black Solid ATX Case
> Asus Prime X570-Pro AMD AM4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard
> AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Twelve-Core Processor
> BeQuiet Pure Rock 2 Intel/AMD CPU Air Cooler
> Crucial 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz Memory Module
> NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB Graphics Card
> WD Blue? SN550 1TB NVME PCI-e Gen 3 Solid State Drive (Read 2400MB/s | Write 1950MB/s)
> Corsair RM Series RM750 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
> TP-LINK TL-WN881N 300Mbps Wireless-N PCIe Adapter

Thanks in advance

Paul