• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

14'' laptop for autocad, sketchup,photoshop and vray sometimes

S

Stelios

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

i'm looking for a laptop just for those apps,any recommendations?

thanks in advance

P

PixelMonster

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi @Stelios,

Looking for a 14" laptop may be a challenge with a good GPU with TDP (Thermal Design Power); higher is better with good cooling naturally. Specially for V-ray application (Rendering). You can have a look at this link and get an idea of the performance for the GPU you'll need.

SketchUp, I know it uses a single core speed rather than multicore. Whereas AutoCAD may be more flexible with operating with multicore.
As for Photoshop, it would comfortably work by choosing the laptop for above uses. Just remember to have a good amount of RAM (more the better, for larger projects).

I think you can start by looking at Asus ROG series; Zephyrus. They have 14" models 2022. and older. I am not sure about their latest models yet. Effectively, you are looking for 'gaming' laptop. As it gives you the best price per dollar/GBP/Drachmas/Euros/etc.
Thing to note, nvidia RTX cards are what you're looking for. Stay away from AMD GPUs. As they are not officially supported/optimised by most 3D design software.

If you do find a laptop, please do inform me. As I too am looking for a small form factor laptop for similar uses. That isn't the cost of ten thousand gyro pittas, and the blood of hundred Trojans. :cool:

Regards,

Reactions: Stelios and Jerry James
S

Stelios

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hi @Stelios,

Looking for a 14" laptop may be a challenge with a good GPU with TDP (Thermal Design Power); higher is better with good cooling naturally. Specially for V-ray application (Rendering). You can have a look at this link and get an idea of the performance for the GPU you'll need.

SketchUp, I know it uses a single core speed rather than multicore. Whereas AutoCAD may be more flexible with operating with multicore.
As for Photoshop, it would comfortably work by choosing the laptop for above uses. Just remember to have a good amount of RAM (more the better, for larger projects).

I think you can start by looking at Asus ROG series; Zephyrus. They have 14" models 2022. and older. I am not sure about their latest models yet. Effectively, you are looking for 'gaming' laptop. As it gives you the best price per dollar/GBP/Drachmas/Euros/etc.
Thing to note, nvidia RTX cards are what you're looking for. Stay away from AMD GPUs. As they are not officially supported/optimised by most 3D design software.

If you do find a laptop, please do inform me. As I too am looking for a small form factor laptop for similar uses. That isn't the cost of ten thousand gyro pittas, and the blood of hundred Trojans. :cool:

Regards,
Hiii,
for start still laughing with drachmas and gyro pittas😂👌
I'm between three laptops 1)lenovo yoga pro x , 2)asus rog zephyrus and 3)acer swift x or swift 3 , i own a powerful desktop so v-ray is not a problem, portability is the main reason and money the second one.

thanks for your time🤟

P

PixelMonster

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hiii,
for start still laughing with drachmas and gyro pittas😂👌
I'm between three laptops 1)lenovo yoga pro x , 2)asus rog zephyrus and 3)acer swift x or swift 3 , i own a powerful desktop so v-ray is not a problem, portability is the main reason and money the second one.

thanks for your time🤟
Having lived in GR (during Drachma days) it was a very memorable time.
So have you finally decided on a laptop yet?

I'm still looking around...

S

Stelios

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Having lived in GR (during Drachma days) it was a very memorable time.
So have you finally decided on a laptop yet?

I'm still looking around...
hmmmm i see,
I'm closer to purchase lenovo yoga pro x for the little bit bigger screen and the perfect keyboard.

I hope you find what fits better to your needs