• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Animation Student First PC Build

Z

Zoe Isaacson

My laptop is literally starting to fall apart at this point, and as an animation student a decent computer is a must. I plan to attempt my first PC build rather than putting more money into a laptop that may or may not do me any good. Any advice or comments are more than welcome. Pc related or not.
- Also I am not in a rush so hopefully I will be able to limit costs further by purchasing items while they are on sale
Budget: $1000
Purpose: 3D Animation Projects

CGDirector.com Parts List: https://www.cgdirector.com/pc-builder/?=6LXGU

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($199.99)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim ($31.30)
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX ATX AM4 ($138.82)
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB XFX RS XXX ($298.86)
Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 C16 ($83.99)
Storage PCIe-SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVME M.2 Solid State Drive ($62.99)
Power Supply: Corsair CX Series CX450M 450W ATX 2.4 Power Supply ($68.64)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99)
Total: $984.58

A

Anonymous

well first off, the price for the gpu is completely wrong, there are gpus like the asrock phantom 5500xt 8gb that goes for 230 and that should be enough for what you are doing, you could get away with getting a NZXT H510 case for 70 dollars and taking up less room. You could also use the 100 dollars that you saved from what i recommend that you get and upgrade your ram to 32gb to help your computer with the projects that you will be doing.