• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Asus Prime x570-Pro - why not?

S

Superka

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hello! I am gonna buy a new computer, and chosen this card for smth like this: 3950X, 2xRTX2070(3070 in future?), 1or 2 Nvme, 1SSD SATO, 2xHDD
Looks like nice motherboard, but am I missing something? What is the reason that I don't see it in your recommendations?

Thank you!

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there Pavel! Well, the Prime X570-Pro is a good motherboard, but I really didn't like the boards in the $250 price bracket at the time. You don't get high-end features and build quality from the $300 bracket and don't get much of an upgrade from the $200 bracket for an average user.

But if you are shopping in that price range the Prime X570-Pro is a good option :) Another one would be Gigabyte's Aorus pro.

S

Superka

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hey there Pavel! Well, the Prime X570-Pro is a good motherboard, but I really didn't like the boards in the $250 price bracket at the time. You don't get high-end features and build quality from the $300 bracket and don't get much of an upgrade from the $200 bracket for an average user.

But if you are shopping in that price range the Prime X570-Pro is a good option :) Another one would be Gigabyte's Aorus pro.
Thank you Jerry. I stopped at Prime x570-Pro because it can work with 2GPU in 8x/8x mode, seems this is the cheapest MB capable of that. But what high-end features I won't get? Defenetly I am asking, because don't want to miss smth

Reactions: Jerry James
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Jerry. I stopped at Prime x570-Pro because it can work with 2GPU in 8x/8x mode, seems this is the cheapest MB capable of that. But what high-end features I won't get? Defenetly I am asking, because don't want to miss smth

Well, it’d be things like an extra M.2 slot, faster LAN, clear CMOS and BIOS flash buttons on the back panel, WiFi 6, and of course, a way better VRM.

It’s a relatively small price bump to gain quite a good chunk of QOL features.

But if you don’t have much use for any of these features, I’d say the Prime is a good fit for you. Especially if you just need x8/x8 PCI-E bifurcation :)