• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Blender ArchViz Build

taholmes160

taholmes160

Tech Intern
Reaction score
- What's your Budget? 1200 - 1500 (Probably the next US Stimulus Check)
- What are your main workloads and secondary workloads? - Blender 3D modeling, Cycles Rendering for previews 4 to 8k Textures Final renders go to SheepIt Render Farm - Secondary would be substance and photo editing
- Are you looking to upgrade the PC in the near future? - no, hopefully it will serve as my primary PC for 2 - 3 yeas
- What country will you be shopping your parts in? - USA
- Use the PC-Builder Tool first to come up with some build suggestions and post that here to have a good base to discuss

One point that is important to me is that I MUST have a minimum of 3 video card outputs (I use 3 monitors for everything) the ability to support a USB to video adaptor do drive the TV for movies etc would be a real plus

Thanks

TIM

PS - I'll be glad to answer questions or provide more details on what I am hoping to be doing

Last edited:
xbigcheezx

xbigcheezx

Tech Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great budget build for sure, and I like the data storage redundancy, do you plan to mirror those ssds?

You can save about $100 by buying an oem key for windows on kingwin, which sells overstock oem licenses via nextkeys. They are legit, and around $30, instead of $130. Take that savings and add a $100 to get a 3070 RTX card, will last you much longer. I think almost all recent rtx cards have 3 displayport outs and 1 hdmi, but you can buy cheap adapters for displayport to hdmi if needed.