• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

CAD Build

B

Brian R.

Hello, I am new to building a computer but think it will be fun. Using the CG Director Build Program I have come up with the following to run AUTOCAD and small business stuff:

CGDirector.com Parts List: https://www.cgdirector.com/pc-builder/?=6M2hz

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 3.8GHz 12-Core Processor ($499.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 ($89.90)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC ATX AM4 ($169.99)
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB XFX RS XXX ($298.86)
Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 C16 ($129.99)
Storage PCIe-SSD: Crucial P1 1TB, M.2 Solid State Drive ($104.99)
Power Supply: Corsair CX Series CX550M 550W ATX 2.4 Power Supply ($69.99)
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 ($129.99)
Total: $1492.71

Please advise if I am heading the right direction.

Thanks

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Prices are quite insane now sadly. At that price, you should try to find a Ryzen 9 5900X (if it's within $50 more). GPUs are extremely overpriced too. I would drop down my case spend and allocate some more money towards the GPU to snag an RTX 2060 Super at the very least. That said, it's a terrible time to buy graphics cards so it might be tough to find. All the other stuff looks good to me :)

Reactions: Alex Glawion
B

Brian R.

Prices are quite insane now sadly. At that price, you should try to find a Ryzen 9 5900X (if it's within $50 more). GPUs are extremely overpriced too. I would drop down my case spend and allocate some more money towards the GPU to snag an RTX 2060 Super at the very least. That said, it's a terrible time to buy graphics cards so it might be tough to find. All the other stuff looks good to me :)
Thanks. I appreciate the help.

Reactions: Alex Glawion