• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Can I build a PC without a dedicated graphic card for video editing and motion graphic?

Createx

Createx

Tech Intern
Reaction score
SInce it is really hard to put my hand on a decent graphic card, I would like to know if it's realistic to use the PC Builder to build a computer for video editing and motion graphic but wait before buying the graphic card, using only the integrated graphic card in the motherboard.

Right now, i'm only editing in HD and testing my skill with Adobe After Effects, so nothing really important. I just need a new computer because the one I'm using is too slow and reboot for no reason once in a while...

So I want a really good computer WHILE i'm waiting for the price of the graphic cards being back to a normal price range.

And I don't want to pay for overpriced graphic cards that will not fit my need in the long run...

I'm looking at my options for almost 2 months now, but I can't figure out what is my best move for the amount of money i'll put on my new computer... really depressing.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Integrated graphics now come with your CPUs. Your only real options are AMD's 5000G CPUs or Intel's non-F CPUs. Here's an iGPU performance chart -
1618571146765.png
You COULD also go with AMD's 3000G processors, but that'd mean living with a quad-core (4 cores / 8 threads) processor until you can get both a graphics card and a new CPU.

Reactions: Createx
Createx

Createx

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I'm just about to take my final decision. I'll consider this option.

I'm also looking if I could benefit for the EVGA Step-up program. Starting with a cheaper option and upgrade as soon as a better option will be available.

Reactions: Jerry James