• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Can't find a single RAM from the QVL

M

MStein

Tech Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys. It's me again. I'm having issues finding RAM kits listed in the QVL for my Rog Strix X570 e gaming motherboard. I mean. There's not a SINGLE one at stores. They always differ in something be it a letter, a number, lattency, clocking, rgb...😩 . How bad can it be to run a 5900x with said motherboard using a RAM not listed in the QVL?
I'm looking for 2x16gb RAM kits that are validated to run in 4x16, or 4x16.

Thanks!

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys. It's me again. I'm having issues finding RAM kits listed in the QVL for my Rog Strix X570 e gaming motherboard. I mean. There's not a SINGLE one at stores. They always differ in something be it a letter, a number, lattency, clocking, rgb...😩 . How bad can it be to run a 5900x with said motherboard using a RAM not listed in the QVL?
I'm looking for 2x16gb RAM kits that are validated to run in 4x16, or 4x16.

Thanks!
Well, not too bad for MOST people. You have to be really unlucky to run into issues at those speeds. It's just safer to hunt for kits on the QVL. If they're not available, well, go with whatever you can find. Out of my 6 memory kits (3200 and 3600), only 1 doesn't play well with my X570 motherboard. None of them are on my board's QVL.

Even then, some manual timing tweaks gets that one sorted too. So, worst-case scenario is some tinkering.

Reactions: MStein
M

MStein

Tech Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay. Thanks Jerry!

G

Glo

Tech Intern
Reaction score
I have the same motherboard and CPU as you. I was also having trouble finding any ram listed on the QVL.
I went with Crucial Ballistix and I haven't had a problem so far.

Reactions: MStein
M

MStein

Tech Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same motherboard and CPU as you. I was also having trouble finding any ram listed on the QVL.
I went with Crucial Ballistix and I haven't had a problem so far.
Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it!
Unfortunately those are really expensive around here. I guess I'll just try my luck with a 2x16 3200 C16 Corsair Vengance LPX (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16) or 2x16 HyperX Fury.

Reactions: Jerry James