• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

CineBench R23 always stop in the middle of the testing

Z

zzzhhh

CineBench R23 always stop in the middle of the testing. Did anyone encounter the same problem? Why? How to solve it?

I'm using Windows 10 version 21H2.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a specific point where it stops? Or is it random? Also, are you monitoring CPU temperature while the bench runs?

Z

zzzhhh

The stop point is random.

I'm not monitoring CPU temperature.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
The stop point is random.

I'm not monitoring CPU temperature.
Could be a temp issue then. I'd recommend monitoring your temps during the test with something like HWInfo. Let me know what max temps you see on your CPU package and cores

Z

zzzhhh

This is HWInfo sensors data:
Untitled2.png

The max temp is around 90C, but it occured only at the beginning of the test. The temp soon drops to around 70C. So, a figure of temp change with timeline is better. I get one with GPU-Z:

Untitled.png

From the figure, I don't think the temp -- 70C -- is very high, so I don't think temp is the issue. After a while, CineBench stops for no reason at a random place, with CPU temp falling backing to 34C.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
This is HWInfo sensors data:
Untitled2.png

The max temp is around 90C, but it occured only at the beginning of the test. The temp soon drops to around 70C. So, a figure of temp change with timeline is better. I get one with GPU-Z:

Untitled.png

From the figure, I don't think the temp -- 70C -- is very high, so I don't think temp is the issue. After a while, CineBench stops for no reason at a random place, with CPU temp falling backing to 34C.
Strange indeed. Did you try other versions? Cinebench R20, for example?