• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Compatibility of PC Parts Purchased in the USA for Use in Thailand

Hamzah1985

Hamzah1985

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Greetings everyone! I am considering buying PC components from the United States and intend to use them in Thailand. I am curious about the compatibility of these parts, as there is a difference in voltage and frequency between the two countries (220V/50Hz in Thailand and 120V/60Hz in the USA). Can anyone confirm if the PC parts will function properly under these conditions? Thanks in advance!

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
I am curious about the compatibility of these parts, as there is a difference in voltage and frequency between the two countries (220V/50Hz in Thailand and 120V/60Hz in the USA). Can anyone confirm if the PC parts will function properly under these conditions? Thanks in advance!

Since your PSU is tasked with supplying power to your hardware, and it's a global standard (ATX), you'll have no issues :) Some cheaper PSUs might be limited to 120V, so just double check when purchasing your power supply.

PS. Monitors can also be a problem in rare cases. Double check