• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Computer for 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, Clip Studio Paint and FL Studio

B

Buildapc123

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hello,

I need assistance on finding the PC for my needs. I will preface that I am not well versed on computers as I should be. I am still learning as I go as well as in a hurry, so forgive my lack of knowledge.

I'm a designer that is looking to self teach and improve my 3D design so I can make highly detailed artworks animated/modeling (side hustle/personal work but still want to take seriously as if it were on a professional level). In case the side hustle takes too long/doesnt work, and to pay bills, I'd like to simultaneously advance my career as a product designer and improve my professional portfolio with my 3D skills.

I will also be using many Adobe CC programs like Photoshop (including the animating and 3D features), Illustrator, Adobe XD, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Dimension and Adobe Dreamweaver.

I will also use Sketchup and Clip Paint Studio for digital painting/artwork.

I also produce music (beginner level). As I used a Macbook Pro before, I used Garageband but will have to switch to FL Studio.

I will also be editing videos to capture my art process.

Things I dealt with on my Macbook Pro that I no longer want to deal with: low storage. Shut off due to high usage (3D). Small screen. Extremely slow/frozen when multiple programs open.

Things I would like on my new PC: nicely sized HD monitor. Quick 3D renders and smooth animation. Fast computer despite multiple programs running. Not loud. Lots of space due to many huge files. (Music and art files would take up lots of space on old mac)

TL;DR: Budget $900 - $1,100 (hesitantly)
Need ASAP
Needed for: 3D Rendering/Animation, Adobe CC, Music Production, Sketchup, Clip Studio Paint, Video Editing

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a good build that you can use as an excellent starting point -
CGDirector.com Parts List: https://www.cgdirector.com/pc-builder/?=6MxrS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor ($279.00)
CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Cooler (Included with CPU) (-)
Motherboard: MSI B550-A Pro ATX AM4 ($129.99)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Super 4GB - Gigabyte ($385.00)
Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 C16 ($79.99)
Storage PCIe-SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVME M.2 Solid State Drive ($69.99)
Power Supply: EVGA 650 B5, 80 Plus Bronze 650W Power Supply ($59.99)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 600 Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.00)
Total: $1092.96

Does your budget also include the cost of the monitor?

Reactions: Buildapc123
B

Buildapc123

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I'll look into these getting these parts.

A monitor is not included but I'm willing to pay at least $150 on a good one. I'm aiming for vibrancy and accurate color although from what I understand those can cost around $500

B

Buildapc123

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Someone informed me that the power supply for this is not so good. Could anyone with experience elaborate on why that may be the case?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone informed me that the power supply for this is not so good. Could anyone with experience elaborate on why that may be the case?
Yeah, it's not the best one out there for sure. But for a mid-range system should do okay. Since I'm always an advocate of buying the best power supply possible for any PC build, if you want to go for a better one, pick out one from here - https://www.cgdirector.com/best-modular-power-supplies/#Best_Modular_PSUs_List

beQuiet! Dark Power Pro, Corsair RM, Corsair TX, Seasonic Focus are all top-notch options.

Reactions: Buildapc123
B

Buildapc123

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not the best one out there for sure. But for a mid-range system should do okay. Since I'm always an advocate of buying the best power supply possible for any PC build, if you want to go for a better one, pick out one from here - https://www.cgdirector.com/best-modular-power-supplies/#Best_Modular_PSUs_List

beQuiet! Dark Power Pro, Corsair RM, Corsair TX, Seasonic Focus are all top-notch options.
Thank you for your feedback.

Would there be a compatibility issue if I just chose any since it's not coming from the pc part picker?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback.

Would there be a compatibility issue if I just chose any since it's not coming from the pc part picker?
Nope. The PC Builder just tries to maximize workstation performance within a set budget. Can swap out for similar parts without issues :)

B

Buildapc123

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Nope. The PC Builder just tries to maximize workstation performance within a set budget. Can swap out for similar parts without issues :)
ok thank you.

one more question, it seems like the Nvidia GTX 1650 Super 4GB - Gigabyte they have is the used version. is there anywhere i can find a new one?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
ok thank you.

one more question, it seems like the Nvidia GTX 1650 Super 4GB - Gigabyte they have is the used version. is there anywhere i can find a new one?
Oh you can hunt for any graphics card around that price range. The GPU market is having supply issues so stock is hard to come by. Look for an Nvidia 30-series (ideally RTX 3060) or at least a 20-series graphics card at around that price. .

B

Buildapc123

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Oh you can hunt for any graphics card around that price range. The GPU market is having supply issues so stock is hard to come by. Look for an Nvidia 30-series (ideally RTX 3060) or at least a 20-series graphics card at around that price. .
I actually managed to get my hands on a 3060ti! Should all the other items on the original build be ok? Except the PSU

Reactions: Jerry James
Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
I actually managed to get my hands on a 3060ti! Should all the other items on the original build be ok? Except the PSU
Absolutely fine. You managed to find a very good GPU. Congrats! :)

B

Buildapc123

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Ok thank you! Im actually back with more questions after more research haha.

Would an AMD Ryzen 9 5900x be too much for a 3060ti?

And what cooler and case would go well with those?