• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

CPU availability dilemma, what to do question!

R

Ronin

Tech Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the situation, I was trying to build a CPU + GPU based rendering workstation based around Ryzen 5950X + 1/2 x RTX3080s. Can't get hold of any RTX cards!
So I thought to get at least the CPU based rendering side going for now. Well as you know, 5950X is missing in action too!

Now I have been reading articles that say CPU/GPU might be hard to come by even deep into 2022???? I am thinking should I go with CPUs that are currently available before they disappear too? CPUs that I can get right now in Europe and their prices are listed below. What would you do?

Currently Available

Ryzen 5800X- $470
Ryzen 3900X- $449
Ryzen 3950X- $731

Not Available

Ryzen 5900X-$600
Ryzen 5950X-$850 to $980

Last edited:
M

MStein

Tech Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation but with a much lower budget so I'll follow this thread.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the situation, I was trying to build a CPU + GPU based rendering workstation based around Ryzen 5950X + 1/2 x RTX3080s. Can't get hold of any RTX cards!
So I thought to get at least the CPU based rendering side going for now. Well as you know, 5950X is missing in action too!

Now I have been reading articles that say CPU/GPU might be hard to come by even deep into 2022???? I am thinking should I go with CPUs that are currently available before they disappear too? CPUs that I can get right now in Europe and their prices are listed below. What would you do?

Currently Available

Ryzen 5800X- $470
Ryzen 3900X- $449
Ryzen 3950X- $731

Not Available

Ryzen 5900X-$600
Ryzen 5950X-$850 to $980

Yeah, the stock situation is driving everyone nuts. What region are you in, btw? I did come across many smaller retailers that had stock of new Ryzens while putting this list together - https://www.cgdirector.com/where-to-buy-pc-parts-cpus-graphics-cards-in-your-country/

Reactions: Ronin
R

Ronin

Tech Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jerry James