• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Differences in sellers for laptops

M

MJM

Tech Intern
Reaction score
I need a more basic 16" laptop that can adapt to an external large monitor and ergonomic keyboard. TASKS/USES: bookkeeping, word processing, photos. NO high demand uses; NO gaming.
Budget: under $800
Preferred BRAND: Asus
QUESTION: I have found several Asus laptops (Staples, New Egg) with similar builds. I purchased last Asus VivoBook (still working well) from local computer guy and have been pleased with it and their work. They cannot get me a bigger laptop than a 15".
Please provide some guidance as to how to decide where to purchase from. THANKS>

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Please provide some guidance as to how to decide where to purchase from. THANKS>
Depends on where you are located, tbh. Some regions have better pricing and availability on online ecommerce channels while others have better pricing in your local stores. Decide on a model and then hunt for that specific model everywhere.