• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Geforce vs Quadro for 3D assets creation

jasskick

jasskick

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello, I have been doing my research on Geforce vs Quadro GPU and I know that quadro rtx card has more vRAM which is better for 3d modeling, texture creation and such compared to geforce which is more utilized for gaming. But when I search those kinds of laptop in the marketplace and article, I saw more people recommending geforce than quadro, also it's really hard to find a quadro laptop that has less thermal issues, since I saw that most quadro laptops are paired with an intel CPU, which I also found that intel produce more heat compared to ryzen.

What's your thought guys? Which is better for 3D? Geforce 3000 series or Quadro 5000 series?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
What's your thought guys? Which is better for 3D? Geforce 3000 series or Quadro 5000 series?
Depends almost entirely on what apps you run. Very few professional apps offer 'official support for GeForce', so if that's an important consideration, Quadro is still the way to go.
You can find more info here - https://www.cgdirector.com/amd-rade...Workstation_Graphics_vs_Gaming_Graphics_Cards

Some apps might offer features that work only with workstation graphics (Solidworks Realview is one example). Stuff like that is what you should keep in mind.

Reactions: jasskick