• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Guidance on my laptop before Purchase.

EpicFun

EpicFun

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
So i manage to choose a laptop that i got from the guide in the community thanks to @Alex Glawion . But i still have some doubt about the laptop that i have chosen so i need your reviews on this before i make any purchase. My activities on a laptop are (2D & 3D) Animation with Blender, VFX, Video editing, Programming & Gaming. The laptop that i have chosen is

GIGABYTE AERO 15 - 15.6" - Intel Core i7-10870H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU - 16 GB DDR4 - 512 GB SSD - Windows 10 Home - Gaming Laptop (AERO 15 XC-8US1130SH) Plus a HUION KAMVAS Pro 16 Graphic Drawing Tablet with Screen Full-Laminated Graphics Monitor Pen Display with Battery-Free Stylus Tilt 8192 Pressure Sensitivity 6 Express Keys Touc​

View attachment 68

So what do you guys think is it worth buying ?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
The specs look great to me. Thanks to the GPU shortages in the PC market, mobile GPUs are now a perfectly valid and often better value option. For your workloads, the hardware on offer here will do fine. Try finding a similarly specced laptop with a Ryzen 5000 chip in it if possible. That'll be a better performer and will also give you better battery life in most cases.

EpicFun

EpicFun

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
The specs look great to me. Thanks to the GPU shortages in the PC market, mobile GPUs are now a perfectly valid and often better value option. For your workloads, the hardware on offer here will do fine. Try finding a similarly specced laptop with a Ryzen 5000 chip in it if possible. That'll be a better performer and will also give you better battery life in most cases.
Thanks for the advice, but Gigabyte aero doesn't use AMD Ryzen 5000, i do not🤔 think if i will get one ?

EpicFun

EpicFun

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
If I am to switch to another laptop 💻 which one would you recommend under the budget of around $1400 I would like to here you thought on this ?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but Gigabyte aero doesn't use AMD Ryzen 5000, i do not🤔 think if i will get one ?

Ah doesn't have to be the same model. Laptop availability is crazy different in different regions. So check if you can find any with a Ryzen 5000 CPU and a comparable discrete GPU. Here's a list of laptops with AMD Ryzen 5000 processors that I know of (hopefully, helps with your search):
  1. HP Envy x360
  2. ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15
  3. ASUS ROG Flow X13
  4. Lenovo Legion 7 AMD
  5. Acer Nitro 5
  6. HP Elitebook 805 G8
  7. XMG Neo 15 2021 AMD
  8. Slimbook Titan