• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Help in building a workstation pc for 2023

A

anv88

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello,

Im relatively a newbie at this but after some research and advice I'm considering the following specs and needed a second opinion if these were good.

I will be using the system as workstation for mainly running 3d softwares like blender, unreal, using their Real-Time rendering.
And other softwares like photoshop and 3d coat.

Im hoping to build something that will last me for a while without have to upgrade anytime soon.

I'm mainly upgrading the processor, mobo and gpu, the rest is from my previous PC.

Processor: intel i9 13900k

Motherboard:
MSI Pro Z790-P Wi-Fi ddr4

Or​

MSI Pro Z690-P Wi-Fi ddr4

GPU: Zotac 4090 TRINITY OC

Cabinet: Corsair 4000 D cabinet

Power: CORSIAR RM 1000 x

Memory: 64 Gb Ddr4 3200 Mhx ( 16 Gb X4 Kit ) Dominator RGB

Cooler: Be Quit Dark Rock 4

Storage 1: WesternDigital 1TB Black SN850X Gen4 M.2 NVMe SSD

Storage 2: 1 TB SAMSUNG SSD EVO 860

Storage 3: SEAGATE HDD 4 TB SATA

Please do let me know if something is an over kill and if these components go well together

thank you in advance for the help and guidance will be much appreciated.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Please do let me know if something is an over kill and if these components go well together
I would upgrade to a slightly better motherboard if you're going for the 13900K. But honestly, I'd recommend just dropping to a Core i7 13700K and keeping the rest as is.

Cooler: Be Quit Dark Rock 4
Definitely switch out your cooler. If you're going for air coolers, the Thermalright Assassin or Noctua D15 are superior options, atm.