• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Is this a good build

B

bkmv808

Tech Intern
Reaction score
I made a pc build and I was just wondering if my parts are good. I wanna know if they're not overkill-ish, if there are better or cheaper parts that I should switch out, if everything's compatible, and nothing will explode. I don't really have a budget but I'd like to stay within the range that it already is in ($3000 or so). Also, I'm gonna be using the pc for gaming, streaming, video editing, and probably school. I made this build knowing that I wanted the ryzen 7 5800x and rtx 3080 combo, and filled in everything else that would support those parts and also look aesthetically pleasing to me. Let me know if I should change anything thanks.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card\
CPU COOLER: Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
MB: Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER ATX AM4 Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4000 CL16 Memory
STORAGE: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 SE 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
POWER SUPPLY: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
CASE: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
I made a pc build and I was just wondering if my parts are good. I wanna know if they're not overkill-ish, if there are better or cheaper parts that I should switch out, if everything's compatible, and nothing will explode. I don't really have a budget but I'd like to stay within the range that it already is in ($3000 or so). Also, I'm gonna be using the pc for gaming, streaming, video editing, and probably school. I made this build knowing that I wanted the ryzen 7 5800x and rtx 3080 combo, and filled in everything else that would support those parts and also look aesthetically pleasing to me. Let me know if I should change anything thanks.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card\
CPU COOLER: Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
MB: Gigabyte X570S AORUS MASTER ATX AM4 Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4000 CL16 Memory
STORAGE: Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 SE 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
POWER SUPPLY: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
CASE: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case
Looks like a solid build to me. Power supply might be a bit overkill for this system, but I'm a strong advocate of overbuying PSUs so I won't discourage you there. I'd drop that memory down to DDR4-3600 CL16 though. That's the perf/value sweetspot for Ryzen atm.