• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Laptops prices increasing?

N

nb50733

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Is it just me or has the been a recent price hike in Laptops? I doubt this is because of covid, surely that would drive the price down, is it something to do with materials getting hard to source and making things more expensive...Anyone any other ideas on this

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it just me or has the been a recent price hike in Laptops? I doubt this is because of covid, surely that would drive the price down, is it something to do with materials getting hard to source and making things more expensive...Anyone any other ideas on this

Yep, it seems like the work from home policies have forced both organizations and individuals to order a buttload of laptops this past year. That's probably one of the reasons in addition to supply chain issues making the process of manufacturing and delivery slower and pricier.

N

nb50733

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
That's a good point in regards to the home working, I never thought of that, was hoping to pick up a new laptop but doubt I will until the demand has calmed down a bit and brought the prices back down again.

Reactions: Jerry James
DarkSsS

DarkSsS

Tech Intern
Reaction score
I also noticed that. It can be very tasking to find basic office essentials, programs like work time and zoom - most of them have a fee.