• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Larger NVLink Bridge : 6-Slot, does it exist ??

Q

Quad

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hello all,

2x 3090FE with Asus Prime X570 Pro. The FE's are 3-slot cards and I don't want to use slot 4 for heat reasons (even after thermal repadding the memory junction rises to 80 degrees Celsius).

So I'll put the second gpu in slot 6. I have a scene that requires more than 24Gb (Maya V-Ray GPU), so I cannot render it with GPU's. An NVLink would be absolutely wonderful, but it's extremely frustrating that Google gives zero hits when searching for 6-slot NVLink.

Any info for larger NVLink Bridges ? Please ?

Attachments

• Prime Pro dual 3090.jpg
    Prime Pro dual 3090.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,

2x 3090FE with Asus Prime X570 Pro. The FE's are 3-slot cards and I don't want to use slot 4 for heat reasons (even after thermal repadding the memory junction rises to 80 degrees Celsius).

So I'll put the second gpu in slot 6. I have a scene that requires more than 24Gb (Maya V-Ray GPU), so I cannot render it with GPU's. An NVLink would be absolutely wonderful, but it's extremely frustrating that Google gives zero hits when searching for 6-slot NVLink.

Any info for larger NVLink Bridges ? Please ?
Sadly, I haven't really come across anything over 4-slot. When stacking multiple cards, blowers are the way to go, which would solve these issues instantly. But Nvidia seems to have abandoned the prosumer market to encourage everyone to move over to their Quadro (or whatever they're calling it now).

Q

Quad

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
I'm afraid switching gpu's isn't as simple as it sounds. CPU then for anything larger than 24Gb.

I once bought a Quadro 5000. It was absolutely not worth the money. Never again.

Reactions: Jerry James