• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Need advice about my PC.

kyrylokhomenko

kyrylokhomenko

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i wanna update my computer smart for houdini/ UE5 user. I would be appreciate it if someone can give me advice.

This is my specs:
CPU: intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 МГц, cores: 10, logical processors: 20
GPU : RTX 3070
RAM 32 GB , will update to 128 GB in few days.
Motherboard : TUF GAMING B460M-PLUS

I'm 3D Generalist and Motion Designer using softs as houdini , unreal engine, cinema 4d, Iclone, adobe programms.
I had error that i don't have enough Ram memory while using houdini yesterday . So i decided firstly update RAM.

What is better update next to get boost for my pc ? What is better update CPU or buy second RTX 3070?
Does it make sense buying second RTX in future or better sold and buy 3090 ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
It depends on what's slowing you down. Memory, yes, definitely bump that up to 64GB or higher.

Are you running into any slowdowns or lags you hope to fix (other than the RAM)?

Baliwasan

Baliwasan

Tech Intern
Reaction score
CPU and GPU are fine, RAM you want to push up to 64GB. That should be really all you need to do.
Mind me asking a question: What wattage has your PSU ???