• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Need an advice to build PC for Cinema 4D + Redshift

H

hafeisi

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi Alex I need to do some research to build my PC workstation. I'm using Cinema 4D, Redshift and Davinci Resolve. I hope you guys can help me to give some advices. My main workload is 3D motion design, modeling, and rendering. My second workload mostly for post production like simple editing and color grading. My budget is around USD 5k. Can you guys give me the optimum spec for this kind of budget? Do I need to add more budget? Do I need multiple GPUs?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Alex I need to do some research to build my PC workstation. I'm using Cinema 4D, Redshift and Davinci Resolve. I hope you guys can help me to give some advices. My main workload is 3D motion design, modeling, and rendering. My second workload mostly for post production like simple editing and color grading. My budget is around USD 5k.
Hey, you can create a baseline build using our PC Builder. Just pick a workload and budget, and copy-paste the generated build here so we can refine it for you.
Do I need to add more budget?
It depends what you're used to right now, but $5k should be enough for a high-end workstation without multiple GPUs.
Do I need multiple GPUs?
Again kinda depends on how large and complex your scenes are. But GPUs nowadays are physically large and bulky, which makes fitting multiple into a single case an ordeal that most professionals would rather avoid. Either way, you can always start off with a single GPU and add more later if you need to further cut down render times.

H

hafeisi

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Thank you for your input Jerry. I really appreciate it.

I got this quotation (attached) from local store. They said this is good for Redshift. May I ask your opinion about this before I continue to purchase?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-05 164700.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 164700.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 7
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your input Jerry. I really appreciate it.

I got this quotation (attached) from local store. They said this is good for Redshift. May I ask your opinion about this before I continue to purchase?
I would switch out the motherboard for something else, but everything else looks pretty solid, IMO.

H

hafeisi

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Thank you Jerry for your input. Have a nice day and Happy New Year!

Reactions: Jerry James