• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

New build for 3D Gpu rendering/modelling workstation

Eliottgood

Eliottgood

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been wondering about a new workstation for a long time, I actually already asked feedback here but never got the chance to make the build. I now have the opportunity and a good budget to make the switch :)

I already made a list of components with the help of the amazing pc-builder tool and the feedbacks I got when asking here, I just wanted to know if you can spot compatibility issues, advices, possible upgrades before ordering on Amazon, by the way, is it better to order all components together or order one at the time ? Any bad experiences ?

• CPU : AMD Rysen 9 5950X 4.9 GHz 16-Core Processor
  • CPU Cooler : be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 120/135 mm
  • Motherboard : MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro (AM4/X570/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX)
  • GPU : Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080Ti 12 Go GDDR6X - MSI
  • Memory : G.SKILL RipV K4 D4 3200 C16 32 Go
  • Storage PCle-SSD : WD_BLACK SN850 1 To - SSD NVMe
  • Power Supply : Corsair RM850X 850W ATX
  • Case : Corsair 275Q, Carbide Series, Mid tower case

Thanks a lot in advance, Cheers!

Last edited:
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been wondering about a new workstation for a long time, I actually already asked feedback here but never got the chance to make the build. I now have the opportunity and a good budget to make the switch :)

I already made a list of components with the help of the amazing pc-builder tool and the feedbacks I got when asking here, I just wanted to know if you can spot compatibility issues, advices, possible upgrades before ordering on Amazon, by the way, is it better to order all components together or order one at the time ? Any bad experiences ?

• CPU : AMD Rysen 9 5950X 4.9 GHz 16-Core Processor
  • CPU Cooler : be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 120/135 mm
  • Motherboard : MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro (AM4/X570/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX)
  • GPU : Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080Ti 12 Go GDDR6X - MSI
  • Memory : G.SKILL RipV K4 D4 3200 C16 32 Go
  • Storage PCle-SSD : WD_BLACK SN850 1 To - SSD NVMe
  • Power Supply : Corsair RM850X 850W ATX
  • Case : Corsair 275Q, Carbide Series, Mid tower case

Thanks a lot in advance, Cheers!
Swap out the motherboard for something better. That board isn't great. Check what boards the PC Builder recommends for your price point, and that should be a pretty safe bet :) Other than that, looks good to me!