• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

New PC Build for 3D Modeling and Rendering

DoctorARL

DoctorARL

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Budget: 4,500 USD
Primary Workload: 3D Modeling and Computational Design
Secondary Workload: Rendering and Adobe Applications
Which country: I will be shopping for parts in the USA

CPU: Intel Core i9 12900K 3.2GHz 16-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: MSI MEG CoreLiquid S360 - AIO CPU Liquid Cooler - 360mm Radiator
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 ATX LGA1700
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 24GB - EVGA FTW3
Memory: 64GB (4 x 16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 C16
Storage PCIe-SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80+ Platinum Power Supply
Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX PC Case

I am looking to build a PC that will work well for large and complex scenes within 3D modeling software like Rhino, Blender, and Maya. I do the majority of my rendering in Unreal and Vray. I do additional post-production work in photoshop, illustrator, and InDesign. Does this build make sense for this workload?

Last edited:
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking to build a PC that will work well for large and complex scenes within 3D modeling software like Rhino, Blender, and Maya. I do the majority of my rendering in Unreal and Vray. I do additional post-production work in photoshop, illustrator, and InDesign. Does this build make sense for this workload?
The build should work pretty well for your workloads, no issues :)
A note about the GPU though - Nvidia will be launching RTX 4000 series graphics around the end of this year. If at all possible, I'd hold off on buying the absolute top-end from the RTX 3000 series cards right now.