• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

new pc

J

joziii

Hi, I will bay new pc for 3d modeling and animation. Working more in 3d softwer then rendering, but in the future you never know. I just want a ask, is this a good build, will everything working right ?

• Intel i9-10900K - (10 x 3.7 GHZ - Turbo 10 x 5.3 GHZ) - Comet Lake
  • Arctic Cooling Freezer 34 - Low Noise
  • Asus ROG Z590-E GAMING (Intel Z590) - 8xUSB 3.2/2xUSB 2.0/WiFi
  • Corsair 32GB Vengeance RGB PRO 3000MHz (2x16GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR4)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 8 GB - PRE ORDER DEPOSIT - ESTIMATED PRICE £625 - QUEUE TIME 6 - 12 WEEKS
  • 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, Read 3500MB/s, Write 3300MB/s - Silent
  • Internal Card Reader 50-in-1
  • Asus XONAR AE Soundcard (PCI-E)
  • Motherboard Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
  • GameMax 750W (Modular) PSU - Low Noise

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
The 10900K isn't very great value even for workstation tasks because the Ryzen 9 5900X beats it at around the same price. I'd recommend switching the motherboard and CPU to AMD instead. Just to confirm, what applications will you be running?

J

joziii

Hi, thank you for answer.
I use blender for 3D modeling and animation. Working more in the eevee then cycles. That why I thought the 10900K is better for me. because have high Core-Clocks for fast active work.
What is wrong with motherboard? It is not really matter, or ?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for answer.
I use blender for 3D modeling and animation. Working more in the eevee then cycles. That why I thought the 10900K is better for me. because have high Core-Clocks for fast active work.
What is wrong with motherboard? It is not really matter, or ?
It's more about a combination of high clocks and IPC, i.e., higher single-core performance, that gives you better responsiveness within viewports. AMD's Ryzen 5000 series beats Intel 10th Gen when it comes to single-core performance. Nothing wrong with the motherboard, per se, but if you go AMD, you'll need to switch to an AMD board. That's all :)

J

joziii

It's more about a combination of high clocks and IPC, i.e., higher single-core performance, that gives you better responsiveness within viewports. AMD's Ryzen 5000 series beats Intel 10th Gen when it comes to single-core performance. Nothing wrong with the motherboard, per se, but if you go AMD, you'll need to switch to an AMD board. That's all :)
thanks. I will take a lokk at that again.
what about GPU?
nividia or amd?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks. I will take a lokk at that again.
what about GPU?
nividia or amd?
CUDA has wide industry support for workstation tasks and we've seen good adoption of real-time ray tracing hardware in GPUs, so I'd recommend going with an Nvidia RTX card.