• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

New User Introduction

I

igbonekwu

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Thanks for welcoming me into CGdirector forum. Am pleased to be part of you. Thanks.

Reactions: Jerry James
Maikel

Maikel

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello Guys, I'm Michael. I've sent the past couple of months eating and sleeping on cgdirector website. It's so amazing. It's a pleasure to be here 🤟

M

MONGO HAWK

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Just an older fellow, Had a graphics shop for about 30 years. We used early programs like Quark Express and photo shop in design ect. Started to building pc's as technology put an end to our work. But have not built any in last 10 years. I have a Z590-A Asus board would like to know how to setup the M.2 slots since only one is gen 4 and others are gen 3. I do not have anything to show you that we used to do.

F

Falconer

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hi I’m Martin. I’m motion designer and long term Mac user and haven’t owned a PC in 12 year. Thinking of making the switch now gpu rendering is becoming so ubiquitous. Never built a machine and am pretty daunted by the prospect but would be great to really understand what’s really going on inside the case

danielheller

danielheller

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am Daniel, an architect who wants to build a new PC for 3D modeling and rendering. I’ve decided to join this forum, as this is going to be an amazing experience for me, as I need and will learn a lot in due process.
Nice to meeting you and Hello to all of you.
Daniel

R

Runar

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello!! IDK much about any of this. But there seems to lots of information and hopefully helps me a lot.

S

SteveW

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello! I'm a photographer ramping up my workflow and upgrading tools to help me process and post photos. I'm a lot more familiar with camera gear than PC bits but realize I need to tool up on this side as well if I'm going to improve my work processes. Just found this wonderful site today and look forward to learning.

B

berni birdsinging

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi! I might not quiet fit into this illustrious list of artists and designers, but sitting between chairs is my destiny.
I am a geographer by trade, nowadays working in the environment conservation sector and mainly doing the work, proper biologist should do.
But my passion is also still GIS-stuff and heavy number crunching.

In the last year, I got several enquieries to do visibility analyses for planned solar energy parks for simulating the visual impact of those infrastructures on the surrounding landscape.
This task is a piece of cake in GIS-software, but the resulting 2D-maps for me personally are not really satisfying. People simply have no idea how to read those maps, so neighbors from the surroundings or administrative deciders might over-exaggerate their interpretations, and a consensus is harder to reach.

So my plan is now to take those gigabytes of digital elevation data in fine resolution, aerial images and other stuff, and create (semi-)realistic 3D-scenes with blender, with sun, shadows and clouds and maybe some artificial trees in the foreground. Thats what people understand!

Nice plan, but besides that I have zero experience with blender so far and my mid-range PC is10 years old and won't even eat smaller bites of the landscape data in blender.

For the past weeks I dived into PC-compontent research and get more and more confused about what kind of computer to build.
"Unfortunately" I have lots of money on my bank account right now, so I hope that some will beat some sens into me and prevent me from building an overpriced, energy-sucking muscle car. At least, it should make the next 10 years decently.

Cheers,
Bernd

• Love
F

Filser

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
A warm welcome to all new users! :) We are excited to see this community grow and look forward to having interesting and fun discussions with you!

I am Alex and, together with my team, run CGDirector. I love helping out in any way I can, but mostly this is by writing in-depth articles on PC-Hardware and Content-Creation workloads, or by helping the community fiddle with their new build and hardware components.

I'm extremely interested in optimizing processes such as rendering, or analyzing performance bottlenecks in order to make my and your work more efficient.

Tell us a little bit about yourself! :)

After Introducing yourself, here are some of the things you can do to get started:
- Get an expert opinion on your planned PC Build or Hardware Upgrade
- Discuss 3D, Video Editing, Graphic Design Workloads or Gaming Workloads
- Show us some of your recent work!

... and more :)
Hello.

I am 3D Archviz. My main interest are 3D visualization, essential for architecture interior and exterior. I looking to know a lot more about hardware that best suits me needs, and deeply understand main concepts to software performance.
Filipe

F

Filser

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hello.

I am 3D Archviz. My main interest are 3D visualization, essential for architecture interior and exterior. I looking to know a lot more about hardware that best suits me needs, and deeply understand main concepts to software performance.
Filipe
I work in 3DSMax and Corona Render. Definitely need a boat to V-Ray in puts.

F

Filser

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

I am a 3D Archviz Artist working with 3DSMax and Corona Render. I have experience in international architectural competitions which allows me to have a broad notion in the management and work structuring.
I have awide range of responsibilities, from the development of 3D models, client facing role to the search for innovation and improvement of our work process through the implementation
of new technologies ( SiNi Software, itoo Software, Chaos).

Filipe

A

alexhanrahan

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello!

Your site has been incredibly helpful for learning what sort of specs to consider for various types of digital art. I’m a novice when it comes to PC building and digital art (outside of “paint”), but hoping to get into it as a hobby. Hoping to get some advice on how best to allocate my budget and recommendations on entry point for a beginner hobbyist. I’m particularly interested in 3D sculpting, texturing and digital painting.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Q

Quad

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hello Alex and everybody,

I'm a 3D Modelling hobbyist from Belgium with an addiction to monitors. After my Asus workstation-mobo died after 14 years, I had to look for recent developments and found everything I needed on Best Workstation Computer for 3D Modeling and Rendering ! I'm using Maya and switched from Arnold to V-Ray. When Covid began and climbing was forbidden, I started modelling x-ray assets from the hospital where I work (and now the hospital itself).

I love to model and would like to make it a part of my real work, but it's a scary step if nobody wants you to get their visualisations done...

Thank you for the great site !

Attachments

• iQon_03a.jpg
    iQon_03a.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 4
H

hafeisi

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

Your site has helped me a lot to gain my knowledge about technical stuff behind 3D workflow. Technology keeps upgrading very fast, it's a good idea to keep up to date.

pardonn13

pardonn13

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello Alex,

This is Arjay and it's my first time joining a forum. I love all information given on this website and it really helps me a lot in choosing what components to look for and what to avoid.
Regards,

Reactions: Kiuk and Jerry James
W

whitenoise500

Tech Intern
Reaction score
A warm welcome to all new users! :) We are excited to see this community grow and look forward to having interesting and fun discussions with you!

I am Alex and, together with my team, run CGDirector. I love helping out in any way I can, but mostly this is by writing in-depth articles on PC-Hardware and Content-Creation workloads, or by helping the community fiddle with their new build and hardware components.

I'm extremely interested in optimizing processes such as rendering, or analyzing performance bottlenecks in order to make my and your work more efficient.

After Introducing yourself, here are some of the things you can do to get started:

Hi Alex,

At this point in my life, I'm a hobbyist, though I spent the early part of my career as a 3-d animator and video editor. (Think online video editing/graphics with giant, very expensive equipment). I'm looking for the perfect hybrid build; enough GPU power for Blender particles/Cycles renders and enough CPU to power through DaVinci Resolve. I would be curious to see a reasonably priced build to meet my needs.

B

bernielomax

Tech Intern
Reaction score
HI I am bernardo a 3d artist based in Macao China. I am have been working in 3d for over 20 years.
CHeers!

Kiuk

Kiuk

Tech Intern
Reaction score
HI, Everyone I'm Kiuk.
I worked as a game character designer and modeler and always have been interested in ideal hardware for CG.
I've got a lot of information from this site, so Joined this forum:)

M

mtals4

Tech Intern
Reaction score

Hi Alex and everyone,
Since I found your site I have found it a valuable resource for the tools in my craft.
A little about me, I have over 20yrs of experience in film and video production. The first part of my career was spent on sets as a Gaffer and DP. I entered the CG world by self-teaching AE 4.1 and have been dabbling in the 3d world with c4d, for the last 2yrs.

Currently, I work for a commercial and residential lighting manufacturer as their in-house turn-key video and photography producer making all types of videos from branding to tutorials to product launch videos.

Thank you for the resources your site provides.
mixturefilms.com

c_edwards

c_edwards

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

To introduce myself, my name is Chris and I am a British Designer/Animator currently working at a Branding Agency based in London. I would best describe the focus of my work to be centred around the development and finalisation of concepts for identities and digital products.

Although being the only practical creative in a very small team, this has presented unique opportunities to work very collaboratively with my creative director and many freelancers of varying disciplines. All of which have been brilliant peers up to this point.

Having now arrived at the 4th year of my career, I am keen to learn new technical skills to develop myself. So I have set my focus on the practice of learning 3D VFX / Animation with the long-term goal of implementing this into commercial + personal projects.

As I begin to zero in on the craft and knowledge of my practice, I have also given further consideration to working as a freelancer.

Outside of work, I am a gamer who loves to run.

Thank you for having me.

C