• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

PC build for streaming and video editing.

C

Chris

I am new to the site and forum. I am looking into building a pc for streaming games like fortnite/apex from my xbox series x using a capture card. I'd also like to have video editing capabilities and use the computer for youtube uploads. Preferably my budget is between 750-1000$ but I'm just looking for some of the right pieces to start with when building this type of pc. Any type of advice would be great as I am a noob and trying to learn.

C

Chris

Also I want to be able to use it for uploading and recording podcasts

stingray1655

stingray1655

Tech Intern
Reaction score
I began doing some research on my own of parts I'm thinking about getting..

CPU: Ryzen 5 36000 6 Core
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Internal Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 500GB
Motherboard: MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen
Power Supply: EVGA Semi Modular 500 Watts
Case: NZXT H510
Graphics Card: ????

I plan to use my SSD for Windows and other base programs and my internal hard drive for anything else.
The graphics card is the final piece I need to figure out and I know the market is not great. Is there a low-mid priced card that anyone would recommend? I would like to do video editing, podcast recording and streaming. I would not really be doing any gaming on this build. Any help choosing a graphics card would be helpful.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
I began doing some research on my own of parts I'm thinking about getting..

CPU: Ryzen 5 36000 6 Core
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Internal Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 500GB
Motherboard: MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen
Power Supply: EVGA Semi Modular 500 Watts
Case: NZXT H510
Graphics Card: ????

I plan to use my SSD for Windows and other base programs and my internal hard drive for anything else.
The graphics card is the final piece I need to figure out and I know the market is not great. Is there a low-mid priced card that anyone would recommend? I would like to do video editing, podcast recording and streaming. I would not really be doing any gaming on this build. Any help choosing a graphics card would be helpful.
I'd go with an RTX 3060 or 3060 Ti. Those seem to be somewhat available in most regions at the moment.