• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Please crit previously suggested build with changes to motherboard

B

Bobbie

Tech Intern
Reaction score
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.9GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Motherboard: MSI MPG x570 ACE ATX AM4
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080TI 11GB - MSI Gaming X
Memory: 64GB (4 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 CL16
Storage PCIe-SSD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB M.2 Solid State Drive
Power Supply: Corsair RMx Series RM650x 650W ATX 2.4
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275Q ATX Mid Tower Case
Total: (was around $3076, but prices have risen a bunch, so it's more currently)

Hey Alex! My question is, with the motherboard: MSI X570 Unify ATX AM4 ($432.88), should I be substituting this in place of the MPG x570 ACE? And if so, what other changes might you make currently to my suggested build? I use Rhino6, Adobe Software (Photoshop, Illustrator), and After Effects.

I was happy with the above plan, but months have gone by and you might be able to tweak the above and make it even better, regarding the motherboard.
I plan to buy right away this time! :) Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Your fan, Bobbie

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Bobbie, if you can find the Unify in your region (cheaper than the ACE), definitely a great value option. At their core, they're pretty much the same motherboard with an almost identical feature-set, if you ignore the RGB lighting. :)

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, I'd try to up the RAM kit to a 3200 MHz kit if you can find one. It shouldn't be that much costlier than the 2666 kit in most regions.