• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

ROG Strix GA15DH compatible RGB ram

Soho

Soho

Tech Intern
Reaction score
I bought my son for Xmas a prebuilt gaming pc which he had seen and he’s absolutely loving it. It’s not the best gaming machine in the world but as I say he’s very happy with it. It is the ROG Strix GA15 G15DH UK070T with transparent side panel (for viewing RGB) https://rog.asus.com/uk/desktops/mid-tower/rog-strix-ga15-series/ . So far we have changed the cpu cooler for an AMD Wraith Prism cooler with RGB , we have also changed the stock rear 92mm exhaust fan for Noctua (love them or hate them) NF-A9 FLX 92mm premium fan and as well as this we have also added a Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 120mm premium fan to the front of the case as an intake. Believe it or not but the airflow through this case is now amazing compared to the standard build. Eventually he plans to upgrade everything in it that he possibly can (probably because I’m paying 😆) I know in the future he would like a nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super Founders edition graphics card (I’ve told him it’s easier to find rocking horse doo doo). As well as this he plans on upgrading the cpu from his current Ryzen 5-3600X to Ryzen 7 3800X (I think this is as far as you can go regarding cpu upgrades on this mobo). For now though he has decided he wants to upgrade the 8GB DDR4 RAM that it came with and so to avoid further upgrades in the future has decided that he wants a 32GB kit (2x16GB) but he also wants it have RGB (he’s 16 and loads of flashing lights are cool apparently 😁) Now this is where my knowledge completely fails me, I have no idea what the best 32gb RGB ram kit is for this build (ideally I’d prefer not to have to change anything in the bios) His idea is to push this machine to its safe max over time so we’d like some advice on what ram is 100% compatible with this machine at this time and will still be as he upgrades his cpu and graphics card. Sorry it’s a bit long but thought I’d best mention everything in case it has a bearing on the correct RAM.
regards

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the best 32gb RGB ram kit is for this build (ideally I’d prefer not to have to change anything in the bios)
If you get any kit, sadly it'll mean a trip to the BIOS :) At the very least, you'll need to set an XMP profile to get your RAM 'up to speed.'

I'd recommend kits from G.Skill's Trident range because I love how they look. Especially the TridentZ Royals. I'd go for a 4x8GB 3600MHz CL16 or 18 memory kit. You can find more info about these specifications here - https://www.cgdirector.com/best-memory-ram-amd-ryzen-cpus-3600-3700x-3900x/

Reactions: Soho
Soho

Soho

Tech Intern
Reaction score
If you get any kit, sadly it'll mean a trip to the BIOS :) At the very least, you'll need to set an XMP profile to get your RAM 'up to speed.'

I'd recommend kits from G.Skill's Trident range because I love how they look. Especially the TridentZ Royals. I'd go for a 4x8GB 3600MHz CL16 or 18 memory kit. You can find more info about these specifications here - https://www.cgdirector.com/best-memory-ram-amd-ryzen-cpus-3600-3700x-3900x/
Unfortunately he only has two ram slots on his mobo. We have started looking at the G.Skill range and apparently the G.Skill Trident Z Neo has been optimised for AMD Ryzen (no idea how or what it’s referring to). So for the time being I’m going to try and do a bit more homework on the G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB). I really don’t want to mess up his BIOS and have no idea how to set an XMP profile (Hopefully instructions are included if we settle for this kit) so i have more studying to do by the sounds of it.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately he only has two ram slots on his mobo. We have started looking at the G.Skill range and apparently the G.Skill Trident Z Neo has been optimised for AMD Ryzen (no idea how or what it’s referring to). So for the time being I’m going to try and do a bit more homework on the G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB). I really don’t want to mess up his BIOS and have no idea how to set an XMP profile (Hopefully instructions are included if we settle for this kit) so i have more studying to do by the sounds of it.
Oh I see. Yeah, the Neos are good but not worth too much of a premium. I'd go with whatever kit you like the look of and get within the spec of CL 18/16 and 3600MHz

Soho

Soho

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Ok so quick update. We have opted for the

G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (RAM) Kit​

as this had great reviews and is fully compatible. It works perfectly and the RGB looks great and changing the settings in the bios was easy. It is docp and not xmp that controls the ram profiles on this setup. My son is now very happy and my wallet is now a little lighter.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so quick update. We have opted for the

G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (RAM) Kit​

as this had great reviews and is fully compatible. It works perfectly and the RGB looks great and changing the settings in the bios was easy. It is docp and not xmp that controls the ram profiles on this setup. My son is now very happy and my wallet is now a little lighter.
Awesome. The Neo is an excellent kit for sure :)

Reactions: Soho