• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

RX6700xt worth it ??

A

Ahmed Sabrah

Hello, i'm planning on getting a RX 6700 XT for my build but as i saw reviews they say the 3060ti is better for Blender, Unreal Engine....3D work in general.
but now there is around 100USD difference between the 2 for me as i will buy it from amazon and ship internationally after all the import fees and shipping the RX6700xt is lower in price that the 3060ti with around 100$ so i was wondering will it grant me a good preformance or it wont cut it at all ?
i know optix is alot faster than opengl but there is the HIP on amd but i cant find much data also the extra VRAM would really help in 3D Environment design in unreal engine 5 what do you guys think ?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, i'm planning on getting a RX 6700 XT for my build but as i saw reviews they say the 3060ti is better for Blender, Unreal Engine....3D work in general.
but now there is around 100USD difference between the 2 for me as i will buy it from amazon and ship internationally after all the import fees and shipping the RX6700xt is lower in price that the 3060ti with around 100$ so i was wondering will it grant me a good preformance or it wont cut it at all ?
i know optix is alot faster than opengl but there is the HIP on amd but i cant find much data also the extra VRAM would really help in 3D Environment design in unreal engine 5 what do you guys think ?
Nvidia just plays better with professional apps, in general. What programs are you planning to use?

Ahmed Sabrah

Ahmed Sabrah

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Nvidia just plays better with professional apps, in general. What programs are you planning to use?
Blender, Unreal Engine, Substance designer

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
Blender, Unreal Engine, Substance designer
Well, should work fine for your applications, tbh. Professionals just usually lean towards CUDA-accelerated apps and plugins because the ecosystem is so mature. But for your work, Radeon shouldn't be an issue. @Alex Glawion might have more insight though!

Reactions: Ahmed Sabrah
Ahmed Sabrah

Ahmed Sabrah

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Well, should work fine for your applications, tbh. Professionals just usually lean towards CUDA-accelerated apps and plugins because the ecosystem is so mature. But for your work, Radeon shouldn't be an issue. @Alex Glawion might have more insight though!
thank you, my only concern is the HIP in AMD it is faster than openGL but slower than optix but i cant find any results in how much slower is it

Karansng18

Karansng18

Tech Intern
Reaction score
thank you, my only concern is the HIP in AMD it is faster than openGL but slower than optix but i cant find any results in how much slower is it
So which one you bought? Amd or nvidia? If amd how is it performing? I've same situation as yours and I am confused.

Farhan khan

Farhan khan

Tech Intern
Reaction score
So which one you bought? Amd or nvidia? If amd how is it performing? I've same situation as yours and I am confusedi hav
I have the same issue please tell what you bought

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
So which one you bought? Amd or nvidia? If amd how is it performing? I've same situation as yours and I am confused.
I have the same issue please tell what you bought
Go Nvidia if you plan to use GPU rendering. The RT-accelerated Optix renderer on Blender is just miles better than anything else.

Reactions: Farhan khan
Farhan khan

Farhan khan

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Go Nvidia if you plan to use GPU rendering. The RT-accelerated Optix renderer on Blender is just miles better than anything else.
Thanks

Reactions: Jerry James