• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Unity/Unreal Engine Pc

S

Sam

I want to make a computer for Unity/Unreal Engine, but I don't know what to get. It is for making/testing video games. This is my first time ever making/getting a computer. I don't want to spend more than $1000 on this. Could anyone with experience give me a good idea of what I should get? I am in the US.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
The current market condition makes a $1000 budget quite difficult to work with. Here's a list that will help you get started (some prices on here are inflated because of hardware shortages in the market) -

Try finding as many parts as possible from this list for as low as you can in the US. It should work quite well for 3D work.

PS. I'd recommend heading to your nearest Microcenter location and picking up an attractively-priced CPU + Motherboard bundle to get a good deal.