• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

which (rog loki 750w sfx) psu cables should I connect to my Intel ARC A770 16gb GPU??

E

Eredin91

Tech Intern
Reaction score
So I have two options.
Option A) I use the 12+4 pin connected to psu side with 8+6 pin connected to GPU side? But apparently this supports 600W. Would that be too much for the gpu which apparently only requires 225W, and if my psu is only 750W would that 600W cable be taking too much power away that's needed for other components?

Option B) I use the 8 pin connected to psu side with 6+2 pin pcie connected to the gpu which if I understand right, would provide 300W to the gpu?

Thanks for any help!

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the 12+4 pin connected to psu side
B) I use the 8 pin connected to psu side
Are both these PSU-side connections for PCIe power? As long as you're plugging PCIe power from your PSU side into your Arc A770, it'll draw only as much power as it needs to run. Don't need to worry about anything else :)

E

Eredin91

Tech Intern
Reaction score
They are both for PCIe power yes. And okay perfect! That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you

Reactions: Jerry James