• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

How To Update The UEFI/BIOS on an ASUS Motherboard

CGDirector

CGDirector

Articles & News
Staff member
Reaction score
The BIOS, or Basic Input Output System, is the very first thing that comes to life once you hit that power button. It’s responsible for initializing the boot-up (POST) process and also manages your hardware and system settings. In layman’s terms: the BIOS keeps your device afloat. Generally speaking, you don’t need to update your...

News Article: How To Update The UEFI/BIOS on an ASUS Motherboard

T

Tim D

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Good article. Recommend updating to newest BIOS after first BSOD in Win 11 recently RE Asus Proart X670E with 7950x. I was running BIOS 1905 so now 2007 released mid April 2024 which hopefully solves the issue whatever it was. Basically I got the BSOD and the Boot drive could not be seen. After fully depowering and leaving for a few minutes it found the NVMe drive (Samsung 990 Pro) and booted into Windows. Initially I was concerned I'd lost the boot drive, as it just did not show in the BIOS screen and other drives did. The full power down made a difference. The power supply does come through a surge protector.

This then allowed the obvious route, update BIOS and Windows etc. Other drivers already up to date and Rhino 8 WIP was unaffected.

As other pro and high end users will be using theis ProArt board hope this is of some use. Most will already have updated but easy to miss an upgrade.