• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

2700x held back on MULTI CORE help?

Solokreep14

Solokreep14

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello i earned a MULTI score of 7386 and a SINGLE core score of 1074, what is holding back my MULTI score on 100% load? Heat? Im assuming its a ram speed and better cooling i need to increase my MUTLI score speed? Also what are potential upgrades to Consider?

specs:
ryzen 2700x stock settings Prism Cooler 74c on load
asrock 5500xt 8gb
asrock b450 hdv 4.0 gpu 1900mhz OC with SAM
32gb ram XMP 2667mhz

Attachments

• unknown_2022.03.06-15.04.png
    unknown_2022.03.06-15.04.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
That does seem low. Are you running into any heat issues? Try running a monitoring application like HWInfo while Cinebench multi is running. Post this section of sensors over here once you run it - 1646614809585.png

On your end, that'll just say the name of your processor.

Solokreep14

Solokreep14

Tech Intern
Reaction score
That does seem low. Are you running into any heat issues? Try running a monitoring application like HWInfo while Cinebench multi is running. Post this section of sensors over here once you run it - View attachment 132

On your end, that'll just say the name of your processor.
yea my single core is decent highest i seen was like only 1102, which i was 100 or less off, as far as temps, im not having OVERHEATING issues, i am in the safezone, i am assuming these two factors, is a better cooler means better scores due to lower temps, and RAM speed not sure though, so to answer your question i do not have HEATING issues at all, i get to around 74c on 100% on stock PRISM cooler i wonder if i got a better cooler if my score alone would increase

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
yea my single core is decent highest i seen was like only 1102, which i was 100 or less off, as far as temps, im not having OVERHEATING issues, i am in the safezone, i am assuming these two factors, is a better cooler means better scores due to lower temps, and RAM speed not sure though, so to answer your question i do not have HEATING issues at all, i get to around 74c on 100% on stock PRISM cooler i wonder if i got a better cooler if my score alone would increase
That seems like too big a gap to be explained away by lack of cooling. What frequencies is your CPU hitting on an all-core load and what motherboard are you using?

Reactions: Solokreep14
Solokreep14

Solokreep14

Tech Intern
Reaction score
That seems like too big a gap to be explained away by lack of cooling. What frequencies is your CPU hitting on an all-core load and what motherboard are you using?
i am looking at my motherboard now, i recently seen a video were a guy was benchmarking high end CPU on b660 motherboards and the msi was the only one that got full performance, so most likely if i get a better motherboard i will get my full multi core performance?

Solokreep14

Solokreep14

Tech Intern
Reaction score
some motherboards did not use the full multi core!

Jerry James

Jerry James

Staff member
Reaction score
some motherboards did not use the full multi core!
Yep, some motherboards have more restrictive power limits to avoid heat issues. But you can usually unlock those power limits in the BIOS. Steve (the guy in the video) tests boards as they are, out of the box.
ASRock, especially at the lower end, doesn't make great quality boards, unfortunately. It's possible that your VRM overheats and power to the CPU drops as a result.

That said, buying a new AM4 motherboard for a 2nd Gen Ryzen might not be the best way to go about it, not when AMD's new processors and AM5 platform (most likely) will launch at the end of this year. Of course, if you're having issues getting work done - it's worth considering. Otherwise, not so much at this point.