• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

A little advice, please (maya via remote access)

W

Walt_W

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Has anyone has issues using Maya, or any other animation software, via remote access (rdp through a vpn)? Thinking of utilizing this setup rather than purchasing an upgraded laptop for mobility. Any advice, suggestions, or opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been quite a few years but I have used 3dsMax via RDP and though the performance was fine, the overall experience was...laggy. Not ideal. If you want to make small tweaks or something on-the-fly, great! That should be fine. But if it's anything beyond that, I don't think it'll be a good experience. Maybe @Alex Glawion could also weigh in here!

W

Walt_W

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your feedback. I hadn't thought about network lag. With broadband connections it hasn't been a problem in my normal work environment, but this will be different. Something to think about/test. Thanks again.

Reactions: Jerry James