• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

AIO Cooler Advice

stejames

stejames

Tech Intern
Reaction score
I've got a Corsair AIO Cooler here and I've just opened the box. I notice there are imperfections in the radiator. They exist on both sides. The metal is very slightly bent as if something has been placed in it. What sort of impact is this likely to have on its performance? Should I return it? Photo: https://pasteboard.co/NHCgTH0MDrBU.jpg

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a Corsair AIO Cooler here and I've just opened the box. I notice there are imperfections in the radiator. They exist on both sides. The metal is very slightly bent as if something has been placed in it. What sort of impact is this likely to have on its performance? Should I return it? Photo: https://pasteboard.co/NHCgTH0MDrBU.jpg
Yep, that's definitely damaged. Return it if you can and ask for a replacement.

PS. Just those dents shouldn't affect thermal performance in any way. But the concern is that something else that you can't see could've also been damaged inside, and with liquid, it's best not to risk it.

stejames

stejames

Tech Intern
Reaction score
I took it back today and the guy at the shop said he can get another one for me, but it'll be in similar condition. He said its a common manufacturing issue among radiators that he sees all the time. He indicated this radiator falls well within the range he's seen before and I shouldn't be concerned about it. I ended up returning home with it. I'm not really sure what to think.

MikesBuild

MikesBuild

Tech Intern
Reaction score
As someone who is on their 3rd corsair AIO RMA process at the moment, and 2nd RAM RMA, go with any other reputable brand. Corsair makes excellent hardware, BUT their software is garbage. Updates will run you a 50/50 shot of bricking units. It's a shame because their hardware works amazingly until it doesn't.

I would just ask to get a full refund on it and go with something else. NZXT would be my pick.