• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Build to Cinema 4D, After Effects and Premiere

tog

tog

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi guys, i want to build my first pc to work with those softwares.
I don't want anything stratospheric (and i can't afford that), but i need this machine to last for a few years working with animation, rendering and modeling.
Can you guys tell me what you think about this setup right here:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
CPU Cooler: MasterAir MA410P
GPU: MSI RTX 4060
Motherboard: MSI B550m PRO-VDH
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x32GB
SSD: 1TB Kingston
Power Supply: MSI MAG A850GL, 850W, 80 Plus Gold Modular

i'm considering to gather more money go up to 5950X, DDR5 RAM or a better GPU but in any of this cases the price gets double.
Tell me please if this investment is worthwhile, i'm thinking the boost in performance is not enough to compensate the increase in price but i really don't know.
(Recomendations for cooler are welcome to)
Thank u

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i want to build my first pc to work with those softwares.
I don't want anything stratospheric (and i can't afford that), but i need this machine to last for a few years working with animation, rendering and modeling.
Can you guys tell me what you think about this setup right here:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
CPU Cooler: MasterAir MA410P
GPU: MSI RTX 4060
Motherboard: MSI B550m PRO-VDH
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x32GB
SSD: 1TB Kingston
Power Supply: MSI MAG A850GL, 850W, 80 Plus Gold Modular

i'm considering to gather more money go up to 5950X, DDR5 RAM or a better GPU but in any of this cases the price gets double.
Tell me please if this investment is worthwhile, i'm thinking the boost in performance is not enough to compensate the increase in price but i really don't know.
(Recomendations for cooler are welcome to)
Thank u
If you have the budget to go for better parts, I'd actually recommend opting for a newer platform like AM5 and Ryzen 7000 instead of upper tier Ryzen 5000 in 2024. If you don't want to spend more, the build you have looks pretty good.

One thing I'd change would be the motherboard. Go for the full ATX size instead of M-ATX if you plan to keep this PC for a while.