• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Computer for AE and Blender

R

Rita

Hi guys!
I read all your recommendations and tried to make by myself a configuration in budget to 2500 Euro. As a basis I took a configuration from your Custom PC Builder but some of listed things are not available now and I had to choose anything different. So now I am a bit worried about it. And the biggest worry is a mainboard. Could you have a look at my list and tell, if everything is ok? Or could you recommend me a few mainboards to this configuration for the best performance in budget to 2500 Euro? I need a mainboard, with which I could upgrade my RAM in future (now I want to buy 2x16 and later also 2x16).

The second question is a GPU. I would like to have a GPU from Asus but everything, what I could find is this GPU. I don't know, what means with "Dual". Is it good or bad?
And the third question is for Alex Glawion. I read you based in Frankfurt am Main? I also live recently near FFM and I do need some tips. What is the best place to buy everything for a computer build? I know Amazon and I also found mifcom.de and alternate.de. Maybe you had an experience with this shops and could to say anything or recommend an another shop? And also maybe you know a service in FFM or near, who could to build a computer because I have never done it and I don't trust in myself with such things.
So here is my list. I would be happy to get comments from you, guys!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk AMD AM4 DDR4 PCIe 4.0 SATA 6Gb/s M.2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 AC Wi-Fi 6 HDMI ATX
GPU: ASUS Dual Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 V2 8GB OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (Lite Hash Rate (LHR)
Memory: 32GB (2 x 16GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 C16 ($209.99)
Storage SSD: Samsung SSD 870 EVO Form Factor 2.5 Inch Intelligent TurboWrite, Magician 6 Software, Black
Storage PCIe-SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1000GB M.2 Solid State Drive ($189.99)
Power Supply: EVGA 650 B5, 80 Plus Bronze 650W Power Supply ($59.99)
SilentiumPC Armis AR7 Full Tower PC Case

Thank you very much!
Rita

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you have a look at my list and tell, if everything is ok? Or could you recommend me a few mainboards to this configuration for the best performance in budget to 2500 Euro?
If you're not planning to use multiple GPUs for rendering, all good :) That motherboard will do just fine.

The second question is a GPU. I would like to have a GPU from Asus but everything, what I could find is this GPU. I don't know, what means with "Dual". Is it good or bad?
Dual basically means it's a 2-fan cooling model. For a 3070, that shouldn't pose a problem as long as your case has decent airflow (good intake and exhaust configuration).

@Alex Glawion can probably help you with your third question :)

R

Rita

If you're not planning to use multiple GPUs for rendering, all good :) That motherboard will do just fine.

Dual basically means it's a 2-fan cooling model. For a 3070, that shouldn't pose a problem as long as your case has decent airflow (good intake and exhaust configuration).

@Alex Glawion can probably help you with your third question :)

Dear Jerry, thank you very much for your answer!

Jep, I'm not planning to use multiple GPU for rendering yet. If I understand right, the multiple rendering means, that I use a few GPUs for that? Or? But I forgot to write, I'm planning to use two monitors. What I need for that?

This 2-fan cooling model means, that it has already 2 fans? Or I have to build a computer with 2 GPU fans? This SilentiumPC Armis AR7 Full Tower PC Case has a lot of space for additional coolers. What is your recommendation, how many coolers it needs?

Thank you a lot!

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
What I need for that?
Yep, just a single graphics card will do.

This 2-fan cooling model means, that it has already 2 fans?
Correct :) it uses 2 fans to cool itself.

This SilentiumPC Armis AR7 Full Tower PC Case has a lot of space for additional coolers. What is your recommendation, how many coolers it needs?
I'd say, one rear exhaust fan, 2 front intake fans, and 1/2 exhaust fans at the top. This in addition to the CPU cooler in your build should be more than enough to keep everything inside cool. I think 3 fans (front and rear are already included with the case), so you probably just need 1 extra fan for the top.