• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Mobo for Ryzen 7950X

S

sschoellhammer

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm trying to decide between these 3 motherboards for my new build:

ASUS Crosshair X670E HERO
ASUS Crosshair X670E Extreme
ASUS ProArt X670E Creator WIFI

The rest of the components are these:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 4.5 GHz 16-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black 82.51 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ?
Video Card: Inno3D iChill X3 GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card
Video Card: Inno3D iChill X3 GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card
Power Supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

As you can see I'd like to eventually have the ability to host two 4090's.
I'm not really interested in overclocking, I just want a stable build :)
Thinking this way I guess I could disregard the (expensive) Extreme version of the board? (afaik one of its big advantages is power delivery to the cpu?)
On the other hand, if 300 $ more will make the whole build more "future proof" I'm happy to pay that...

I'd love to hear your opinion!

Thank you so much,
seb

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Thinking this way I guess I could disregard the (expensive) Extreme version of the board? (afaik one of its big advantages is power delivery to the cpu?)
Yes, you're right. The absolute top-end boards only make sense if you're after a very specific feature.

The ProArt X670E Creator WiFi is one of the best value creator-focused board out there, atm. However, its slot spacing won't leave too much gap between a dual RTX 4090 setup unless you skip the second slot and use the last one for the second GPU. One of our readers just posted a thread about a similar system here - https://www.cgdirector.com/forum/th...oled-dual-4090-founders-editions-system.1091/

Worth a look.

S

sschoellhammer

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Crazy, thats super cool, thanks for sharing the link!

Reactions: Jerry James