• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

MOTHERBOARD LED light not turning off

M

Mislene

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hello,

It's my first time building a desktop to work with Revit, Enscape, Lumion, etc. I am not using it for gaming.
I bought and build the desktop based on the recommendation of this website. However, the desktop is not booting properly. The motherboard light is constantly on (RED and Yellow Light).
I think it is a motherboard problem, so I am probably returning the one I have and getting a new one.
Any recommendation? Or how can I fix it?

List of what I bought and built:

XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive R/W 3500/3000MB/s SSD

Fractal Design Define R5 - Mid Tower Computer Case - ATX - Optimized for High Airflow and Silent - 2X Fractal Design Dynamic GP-14 140mm Silent Fans Included - Water-Cooling Ready – Black

Kingston Technology Fury Beast Black 64GB 5600MT/s DDR5 CL40 XMP 3.0 Ready Computer Memory (Kit of 2) KF556C40BBK2-64

MSI PRO B650-P WiFi ProSeries Motherboard (AMD AM5, ATX, DDR5, PCIe 4.0, M.2, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2, HDMI/DP, Wi-Fi 6E, AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Desktop Processors)

AMD Ryzen™ 9 7950X 16-Core, 32-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

PNY GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB XLR8 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X RGB™ Triple Fan Graphics Card DLSS 3

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, BK022, 250W TDP, CPU Cooler

Corsair RMX Series, RM750x, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply (Low Noise, Zero RPM Fan Mode, 105°C Capacitors, Fully Modular Cables, Compact Size) Black

Thank you!

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
The motherboard light is constantly on (RED and Yellow Light).
If you're talking about the EZ Debug LEDs on the side, then those are the CPU and RAM error LEDs. Try reseating those parts once.
In case that doesn't work, try a BIOS update/downgrade using BIOS files from your motherboard's support page and use the BIOS flashback button (you don't need to boot to do this type of update).
If none of these steps help, then returning for another one is a good bet.