• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

pc build

S

Stelios

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
hi everyone!

i’m looking to build a pc for my work, mostly for Autocad, 3D modeling(Rhino, Sketcup), Rendering(VRay), in some cases Photoshop and Illustrator(or the Affinity apps).
Any suggestions for my list or an AMD system

price range : 1000,00 - 1500,00 €

part list :

CPU: INTEL i7 -10700K or INTEL i5-10600K
CPU cooler:
Motherboard: (THUNDERBOLT 3 support)
ASUS PRIME Z490-A or GIGABYTE Z490 VISION G or ASUS PRO WS W480-ACE
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB
GPU: RTX 3060Ti or …
Power Supply: 750WATT 80 GOLD is enough?
Case:

Best regards,
Stelios

Last edited:
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, pricing is crazy at the moment. Could you check for prices of the Ryzen 9 5800X in your region? If it's not too much higher than a Core i7 10700K, you could switch to an AMD build.

What sort of Thunderbolt 3 connectivity do you need? Ports or does a header for add-in cards work?

If you're going for a 1500 EUR system, I'd also recommend upping the memory to 32GB if possible.

Yes, the power supply will be more than enough for that system :)

Reactions: Stelios
S

Stelios

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Unfortunately, pricing is crazy at the moment. Could you check for prices of the Ryzen 9 5800X in your region? If it's not too much higher than a Core i7 10700K, you could switch to an AMD build.

What sort of Thunderbolt 3 connectivity do you need? Ports or does a header for add-in cards work?

If you're going for a 1500 EUR system, I'd also recommend upping the memory to 32GB if possible.

Yes, the power supply will be more than enough for that system :)

thank for the reply Jerry,

Ryzen 9 5800X does not exist here... i can get ryzen 9 5900x but the price is crazy for me 720€...
TB3 is for future use so doesn't matter the way
i'd upgrade to 32gb in 6month because i also need a monitor..
this will be my first desktop pc i was a laptop user for 14years :)

can you suggest another motherboard

Last edited:
Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
thank for the reply Jerry,

Ryzen 9 5800X does not exist here... i can get ryzen 9 5900x but the price is crazy for me 720€...
TB3 is for future use so doesn't matter the way
i'd upgrade to 32gb in 6month because i also need a monitor..
this will be my first desktop pc i was a laptop user for 14years :)

can you suggest another motherboard
Ah I see. Well, in that case, Intel's the way to go. As for the motherboard, anything specific you need wrt connectivity, ports, etc? If you'll eventually need Thunderbolt, the Z490 Vision G is a great option.

Reactions: Stelios