• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

PC value worth?

pi3141

pi3141

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello, I have a small gaming PC that I might not be able to take with me to college, so I'm willing to sell the entire machine as one piece. It has a Ryzen 5 3600 as its CPU and a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 as its GPU, with 32 GB of 2133MHzx2 (dual channeled) RAM. There are two 512gb M.2 SSDs inside the computer and a 1 TB SATA-3 SSD, along with a 700W Titanium-certified Micro ITX PSU. The case is called "Node 202" and it can fit one full-size graphics card. The entire PC is very small and would be convenient for your casual gamer, or even programmer or renderer. In terms of performance, I have an ASUS Rog Zephyrus G14 2022 Edition AMD laptop, and this desktop performs about ~10-15% worse than my laptop in processing power. However, this setup is still fairly usable and it can run most of today's games at 60-100fps with mid-tier graphics.

I'd like to know how much this PC could be worth if I sold the entire thing at once. It still has a lot of RAM and storage space. Although the graphics card is kind-of old, it appears to still be a good $300 value worth, and the CPU is powerful enough to do most day-to-day tasks. I haven't used it very intensively and it is in perfect condition with absolutely no scratches on it, so I'd like to know how much it's worth. Thank you!

I'd be looking to get about $1000 to $2000 (so I can get some mobile accessories for my laptop (like maybe an eGPU) or just pay off some student debt), depending on what can be given for it. I will wipe all the drives before selling, though.
Also, if anyone could trade a 4090 and an eGPU case for this setup, then I'd like to trade although I'd like a little more compensation in return, because I'm trading a full PC after all.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Value is tricky since it's so region-dependent. One way to check would be to check eBay's recent closed listings for your hardware and add it up from there. Another way is to price out a new build with similar hardware (R5 3600 + GTX 1660 + 32GB RAM, etc.) and check the price. Your old hardware should fetch around 20-30% lower than that new build.