• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

ROG G513QM sometimes dead , not charging , not booting , but then after a while it's back to life

Dhruv

Dhruv

Tech Intern
Reaction score
so past couple of month my asus rog strix g15 g513qm has been behaving strangely , so what's happening is my laptop sometimes dies on it's own when i shut it down , it won't power on Even when i try connecting charger the LED light orange blinks once . When it's in this state nothing i do will power it on , holding the power button for 30 sec , removing the batt , changing the power cord and adapter nothing at all will turn it on , it's simply brick of a notebook totally dead.

but after it's been sitting for a while , i mean a long while , like i'll leave the laptop for a week or two and then when i connect the power it comes to life the battery starts charging and turns on , i start playing games for hours and in for days without turing it off and the laptop works as if nothing ever happened. until i turn it off and keep it off for a night then the same problem happens again .

once the laptop turn on i can not turn it off, if i do it'll die , i can put it to sleep but not shut down .
so when i sleep i put it to sleep , but if the battery were to drain and it was to shut down automatically then the same problem comes

what should i do ? has anyone faced the same problem ?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
what should i do ? has anyone faced the same problem ?
I had a similar problem with a very old Dell, which turned out to be a faulty power delivery component on the motherboard. Required a pretty pricey board swap at the time.
You'll have to take it into a service center as soon as it dies on you so they can diagnose the issue.