• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Stepping UP

T

Troy Phillips

Build suggestions for a video editing super machine. At least for our company. I am not the computer geek guy of the company but I will know what the parts build suggestions are .
We have been slowly upgrading cameras. We shoot live music shows and edit them down to look like live at the shows . We lots of cuts , multi layering, a lot of scrubbing. All the cameras are streaming on the monitor in real time . We will be upgrading our monitors also with the computer build .

We film with 7-8 cameras. Now they are a mix of 4k 10bit 4:2:2 ProRes HQ and all I h264 and 1080p 8bit ProRes HQ .
Within a year and a half we should be all 4k 10bit 4:2:2 ProRes HQ and all i h264 .
We edit in Resolve , use photoshop and another adobe graphics design program . We use a couple other plugins I don’t know of the names .
We have a lower tier Threaddripper , we need a much better graphics card already and have 64gb of Corsair DDR4 Ram
Several 2tb Samsung 980 Pro M•2 cards
1 , 1th 970 EVO M2 , 2, WD Blue 500gb M2’s

Help suggestions for next upgrade PC
And Monitor suggestions.
we do some pretty heavy transitions and multi laying editing. There is huge contrast variations with a lot of stage movement.
Hope that all helps
Thanks, LMV Productions
Small Batch Sessions, YouTube channel you can see what we are doing. Jam Bands are toughest on our computer.