• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Two GPUs -SLI

K

Kuvahara

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Recently I ordered a new PC with MSI Pro Z790-A motherboard, i7 13700K CPU and RTX3070 GPU to work on Blender. I wanted to upgrade with a second GPU but as it turned out, SLI is not supported any longer - two card technology is dead. It seems even if Blender is able to handle two cards it is not possible anymore. I am baffled. Can I use my PC with 2 cards?

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
SLI is not supported any longer - two card technology is dead.
For professional workloads, you won't need access to 'SLI.' SLI was meant to speed up gaming and sharing graphics processing loads in real time by multiple GPUs.
It seems even if Blender is able to handle two cards it is not possible anymore. I am baffled. Can I use my PC with 2 cards?

Absolutely! For rendering in Blender or using engines like Redshift, you can add more GPUs to get additional render horsepower. You won't need SLI or even NVLink support.