• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

Upgradeable PC, suggestions

J

Jens

Thank you guys for this great site, awesome community! I have an old Xeon Quadcore with a Quadro P5000 2.5Gb, but that´s not helping much anymore, since I am recently getting addicted to creating virtual environments in Blender and probably UE5 soon. I ordered this with a PC-builder-company, hoping it would suit for future upgrades and a 2nd GPU:

AMD Ryzen™ 9 5900X TRAY
MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI, (preferred Aorus Ultra, but not available)
Corsair DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3200 Ki
WD Black SN850 1 TB
INNO3D GeForce RTX 3060 TWIN X2 OC
DARK BASE PRO 900 rev.2, Big-Tower (I read different reviews, some say, bad airflow?
Corsair HX1200 (1200W)
DeepCool CASTLE 360EX

Would love to hear if this list makes senses, or if its better to call the company and re-structure my order. I chose the 3060 over the 3060ti for the bigger VRAM, as I am more worried that my scenes dont fit into the GPU than about rendertime. Gaming is not important to me, my budget is 2.5k €. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Build looks good to me.
If a bigger VRAM is more important to you, I'd say that's a good pick. However, I should point out that the 3060 VRAM is fed by a 192-bit bus compared to 256-bit on the 3060Ti. So if you are managing to fill up that 12 gigs of VRAM buffer, the 3060 will be a bit slower to do so (roughly 20%). That said, it doesn't matter too much if you won't need to load and unload VRAM too frequently.
1635490652647.png