• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

What CPUs are compatible with my motherboard?

Da_B0SS911

Da_B0SS911

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi! I'm pretty new to upgrading PCs and noticed that my computer would not be able to upgrade to Windows 11 when it comes out. I ran the PC health check and got a notice that the processor I have isn't currently supported for Windows 11. I have an HP-Pavilion AW012AV-ABA p6280t desktop that I use for gaming and video editing. The motherboard is a PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia. Bellow, I listed possible CPUs that I found. I'm not sure if there really are any CPUs good enough for my PC to be able to run Windows 11 that are compatible with the motherboard I have. Please let me know if you know of a better CPU compatible with my motherboard. Also, if there aren't many options for upgrading my CPU I might look into getting the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX ATX AM4 with the AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core. Thank you so much for all the help!
Intel Pentium Gold G6400

Intel Pentium Gold G7400 2-Core

AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core

Intel Core i3-12100

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm pretty new to upgrading PCs and noticed that my computer would not be able to upgrade to Windows 11 when it comes out. I ran the PC health check and got a notice that the processor I have isn't currently supported for Windows 11. I have an HP-Pavilion AW012AV-ABA p6280t desktop that I use for gaming and video editing. The motherboard is a PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia. Bellow, I listed possible CPUs that I found. I'm not sure if there really are any CPUs good enough for my PC to be able to run Windows 11 that are compatible with the motherboard I have. Please let me know if you know of a better CPU compatible with my motherboard. Also, if there aren't many options for upgrading my CPU I might look into getting the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX ATX AM4 with the AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core. Thank you so much for all the help!
Intel Pentium Gold G6400

Intel Pentium Gold G7400 2-Core

AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core

Intel Core i3-12100

Yep, your motherboard is too old to support any modern CPUs. The best bet would be changing both out. You can either go Intel/AMD. Both will be Windows 11 compatible.

PS. Pick between the Ryzen 5 5600 or the Core i5 12400F if you're looking at something that's decently powerful. For something more budget-friendly, go for the Core i3 12100.