• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

X570 Motherboard for Dual GPU Rendering

J

Jonathan Bail

Hi Guys,

I am on the hunt for a motherboard. I will use the 5950X and 2 open air cooled 3080 Tis in a Define 7 XL.

I am searching for a motherboard wich lets me use the cards with the best bandwith possible.
For better cooling I want to install the cards in the top and bottom slot (most spacing between cards).
The optimum would be that these two slots use x8/x8.

Right now my choice would be the Asus Pro WS X570-ACE. Sadly it lacks wifi, bluetooth and 10Gbe. I dont need all the feature but some more would be nice.
The MSI X570 Creation is not available in my country right now.

Are there any other good options? It seems like the most bottom slot is always only x4 (For example the MSI MEG X570 UNIFY)

Jerry James

Jerry James

Hardware Nerd @ CGDirector
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, unfortunately, the ASUS Pro WS X570 motherboard is the only X570 board that offers an x8/x8/x8 layout. That said, that last slot on most motherboards is still PCI-E 4.0 x4, which is the same bandwidth as PCI-E 3.0 x8. It'll take a couple of generations of graphics cards to saturate PCI-E 4.0 x4.

I would say go for the X570 Unify unless it's missing any core features that you really need. Other good options would be the ASUS X570-F Gaming and ASRock X570 Taichi.