• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

New User Introduction

S

shrdlu

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a university student trying to do my first custom build, hoping to learn from the community here!

L

LSK1954

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Larry. I am a senior citizen living in sunny California. I recently went back to school and got my (Master’s degree in Psychology)

I have a Skytech gaming pc. (I don’t know if it would really be considered a gaming PC, but that is how it was advertised). Then again, I am not a big gamer. I do not know if I just have not found the right game yet or what.I bought it in 2021. For a while now (like tonight) I am watching a fight video on YouTube and during the video it will have commercials, and often during the commercials it will end up locking up for a period of time and finally releasing later, or sometimes not at all. Also, a second problem: when I am listening to a long music video, (sometimes these are 2 or 3-hour videos) and I jump around a few times to try and find a certain song or something in the video, next thing you know the sound starts coming on very loud, statically, and scratchy, and you have to backtrack it or play with it to get it to sound right again. Sometimes you have to go as far as rebooting to fix the sound problem. I am wondering, do I need a new sound card and/or video or graphics card? If I knew what I needed to fix the problem, I would get it. I just hate replacing things and then finding out that was not the problem. What do I need to do or replace to fix these problems? Please help, thanks. Below is the list of what I am working with. I welcome any and all comments, suggestions, and advice.

Skytech Archangel Gaming Computer PC Desktop - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz, GTX 1660 Super 6G, 500GB SSD, 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, RGB Fans, Windows 10 Home 64-bit,

A

AntonyM

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Antony and in the UK.
I custom built a great video edit PC 15 years ago, and thought it's about time to replace it :)
All the best to everyone,
Antony

P

Pikinlawo

Tech Intern
Reaction score
A warm welcome to all new users! :) We are excited to see this community grow and look forward to having interesting and fun discussions with you!

I am Alex and, together with my team, run CGDirector. I love helping out in any way I can, but mostly this is by writing in-depth articles on PC-Hardware and Content-Creation workloads, or by helping the community fiddle with their new build and hardware components.

I'm extremely interested in optimizing processes such as rendering, or analyzing performance bottlenecks in order to make my and your work more efficient.

Tell us a little bit about yourself! :)

After Introducing yourself, here are some of the things you can do to get started:
- Get an expert opinion on your planned PC Build or Hardware Upgrade
- Discuss 3D, Video Editing, Graphic Design Workloads or Gaming Workloads
- Show us some of your recent work!

... and more :)
Thank you very much Mr. Alex for having me onboard at cgdirector. I am a big fan of your informative publications on your site. They have been quite helpful. I am also the Principal at 8TH ORBITAL. A startup in Nigeria teaching 3D Visualisation and Animation.

Currently I am working on services expansion and enhancement. I am putting together information on building a custom all purpose (3D modelling, rendering and post production) server P.C to be used to deploy the training using remote computing. Please I want to know if there is any recommended benchmark tool and score for reference that will help me select the CPU I need with single core performance with regards 3D modelling. I intend to pair the PC with RTX 3090ti GPUs for serving 24 students using remote computing.

I once referred somewhere, it said minimum CPUmark score of 2000 single core and minimum G3D score of 6000 for rendering. But now I can't trace that material on the net. We intend using Maya, Adobe premiere and Zbrush as softwares of most importance.

Thanks