• Welcome to our Forum! Ask PC-Build Questions, discuss Tech-News, Content Creation & Gaming Workloads or get to know the CGDirector Community off-topic. Feel free to chime in with insight or questions on any existing topic too! :)

New User Introduction

Rein

Rein

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Rein. I live in Amsterdam and started out as a painter before I gradually moved towards video editing and then soon after 3D. For the last 4/5 years I've been working remote as a freelance 3D artist mostly creating event graphics for the tech industry.

Reactions: Jerry James
T

TaylorGardner

Tech Intern
Reaction score
A warm welcome to all new users! :) We are excited to see this community grow and look forward to having interesting and fun discussions with you!

I am Alex and, together with my team, run CGDirector. I love helping out in any way I can, but mostly this is by writing in-depth articles on PC-Hardware and Content-Creation workloads, or by helping the community fiddle with their new build and hardware components.

I'm extremely interested in optimizing processes such as rendering, or analyzing performance bottlenecks in order to make my and your work more efficient.

Tell us a little bit about yourself! :)

After Introducing yourself, here are some of the things you can do to get started:
- Get an expert opinion on your planned PC Build or Hardware Upgrade
- Discuss 3D, Video Editing, Graphic Design Workloads or Gaming Workloads
- Show us some of your recent work!
- How to turn off ledger nano x guide!
... and more :)
This is the ideal website, and I'm glad I joined twice. I've tried to setup a system to build, but after reading one of your articles, I realized I had forgotten a component of the build (a cooler), as well as the Windows 10 operating system. As a result, I will be ordering through your website, and I hope it will help pay for your time.

M

marchvet

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a DV and have been mainly on Macs since 2010 but lately have been itching to build my own PC again. Looking forward to learning and catching up with the latest tech.

Foxcandor

Foxcandor

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi, Alex. Hi, all. My name is Natalya. I'm just starting my 3D journey.
Thank you for the site and very detailed articles!

K

kingrichardlee

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Thanks for setting up this site! I'm Richard. I'm a motion designer and getting into 3D work. Looking into PC specs has been an incredibly daunting task for me.

J

jo_la

Tech Intern
Reaction score
A warm welcome to all new users! :) We are excited to see this community grow and look forward to having interesting and fun discussions with you!

I am Alex and, together with my team, run CGDirector. I love helping out in any way I can, but mostly this is by writing in-depth articles on PC-Hardware and Content-Creation workloads, or by helping the community fiddle with their new build and hardware components.

I'm extremely interested in optimizing processes such as rendering, or analyzing performance bottlenecks in order to make my and your work more efficient.

Tell us a little bit about yourself! :)

After Introducing yourself, here are some of the things you can do to get started:
- Get an expert opinion on your planned PC Build or Hardware Upgrade
- Discuss 3D, Video Editing, Graphic Design Workloads or Gaming Workloads
- Show us some of your recent work!

... and more :)
Hi Alex!

I'm a long time self-made pc guy, I've been doing it for the past 20 years and always loved doing all the research about the components, the compatibility, and which part of the computer is responsible for what, when, how... I love your forum's mission, and it being specifically CG and media creation oriented.
As a youngster I was a gamer with very little money so I started digging into pc building in order to optimize every penny I could spend, and now I'm a freelance 3d generalist and motion designer. You can see some of my work at giolarocca.com if you're interested.

In the past 2-3 years I got quite out of touch with all the hardware updates and prices going crazy tho, and I'm so glad I found this forum because I'll need to update my machine soon (I'm still rocking 1080tis, I'll just cry, best gpus ever). I'll be asking quite some questions to get back on track with all the current hardware!

Reactions: Alex Glawion and Jerry James
J

Jayce

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi Alex,
I'm a Motion Designer. I usually work with After Effect, Cinema 4D + Octane, and learn actually Unreal Engine.
Thanks for this amazing website ! So great to have a someone who speak especially for our trades.

Y

yamakashi

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello alex,im new on this forum. Looking to learn and find more information fir building pc. Hello to everybody. Gr from roberto from the netherlands

B

blastercaster

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi Alex,
Thanks for your great site and all your great brain knowledge. Im a 3d motion designer , I don't know anything about PCs but have had to get one for 3d work. Ive already posted my first question about mac and pc hybrid workflows - looking forward to learning more and getting involved.

RojunMan

RojunMan

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi I'm Rojun!

I don't build my own PCs. I have some help and this site has given me such great insight especially on part picking. I used the website to heavily to build and upgrade my PC. Extremely useful.

Thank you!

Reactions: Jerry James and Alex Glawion
zenpandog

zenpandog

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to say hi. I've been reading many of the CGDirector guides about PC building and troubleshooting, and they have been very helpful! They are so well-written and not too technical that I can't follow. Thanks!

Reactions: Jerry James and Alex Glawion
PerterZ

PerterZ

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
AI enthusiastic and currently invested into the AI revolution.

replicante1971

replicante1971

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi Everyone here,
My name is César (Spain) , planning my new PC build and this site it seemed to me interesting.

T

TheMadMothra

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi my name is Tyler, I'm a blender animator who wants to gain experience and become a filmmaker! I'm building my own computer based off of your website's recommendations, and I got a notice saying:
Compatibility Note:
- CPU Cooler may require LGA1700 compatibility mounting-kit.
- CPU may require BIOS update on older stock 600-series motherboards.
I looked up and know what a mounting kit is, but what is the BIOS update? Is this notice very important or does it usually not matter? Also, do you guys have any videos that teach and show beginners how to build these computers? Thank you.

S

Sandeep singh

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi ALEX

i m sandeeo singh from INDIA. I m thankful to you becoz i m already using pc which is recommended by you from last 4 years which is giving owesome performance. Now i want more new desktop for 3d architecture modeling and just lite render under 500$ for my assistant. Plz suggest me a configuration.
I want again ryzen prosseser.plz rply

P

pwnalds

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi, Im pwnlads aka Tiago ;)

I stomp accross this website when i was looking for information on MAXTON Cinema4D and the best hardware to use for 2 peer render nodes for a project i have in hands. I already had an answer to my question so im pretty happy so far with the experience i had here.

All the best and thanks for having me!

M

Mäk

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hi Alex,
I became aware of your site through Blender.
I've been using Blender for a few years, but my computer is getting on in years and I haven't worked with computer construction or assembling parts for a long time. I earn my living as a freelancer, but in the graphics field, and I work with photoshop, indesign, etc.. But I use Blender for my art projects.
Mäk

M

Maris

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hello, doing my first build this summer. I'm 35, deaf, and looking to explore new skills in photography, videography, and design. I'll probably focus mainly on a little filming and streaming, while dipping into graphic design and printing.

joaovictor

joaovictor

Tech Assistant
Reaction score
Hi Alex and CGDirector community,

Its very nice to meet you and to join this forum :)
My name is Joao, I am a character artist currently working at Pixar Animation and I found your website while looking for how to build an efficient new pc config.

Thank you,
Joao
joaovictor3d.com

hced

hced

Tech Intern
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a 3D artist from Sweden. Had to register a forum account because I find this site to be a great source of knowledge.